Subject: Pgpool-II 4.5.0 packages

From: Dionysios-Charalampos Vythoulkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 16:59:32 +0200

Hello all

Is there a schedule for releasing packages for PgpoolII 4.5.x version? I see 
that Pgpool-II 4.5.0 was released in 2023/12/12 by pgpool, but PGDG repo 
currently provides version 4.3.7. Any updates?

Thnx,
dcv

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 16:02:12 +0100

Re: Dionysios-Charalampos Vythoulkas
> currently provides version 4.3.7. Any updates?

Still looking for a (co-)maintainer who actually uses the package
themselves:

https://bugs.debian.org/772047

Christoph

---

From: Dionysios-Charalampos Vythoulkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:09:33 +0200

On Δευτέρα, 4 Μαρτίου 2024 5:02:12 Μ.Μ. EET Christoph Berg wrote:
> > Is there a schedule for releasing packages for PgpoolII 4.5.x version? I
> > see that Pgpool-II 4.5.0 was released in 2023/12/12 by pgpool, but PGDG
> > repo currently provides version 4.3.7. Any updates?
> 

We have been using pgpool for 4 years and will keep using it as it is the only 
solution that provides Read/Write split in PostgreSQL. I have never tried to 
create a package but I am willing to try. If you think I can help we can 
discuss it in IRC.

dcv