Subject: Fix FTBFS for prometheus-sql-exporter

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 23:52:16 -0700

Hello All,

I've pushed some changes to prometheus-sql-exporter to address bug
#1067292 [1]. The Salsa CI pipelines are green. I'd like to request a
review and upload as cycles permit.

Let me know if anything needs changes.

Thanks,
--Bradford

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1067292

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 10:52:06 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> review and upload as cycles permit.

Hi Bradford,

thanks for the update, uploaded!

I had to revert the patch on the older distributions since go was
unhappy:

https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/prometheus-sql-exporter-binaries/31/

I'm a bit worried that Ubuntu noble also needed the revert; we might
need to un-revert it there if they change the toolchain before the
release.

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgapt.git;a=blobdiff;f=jenkins/generate-pgdg-source;h=1164b53400014b3275c7ac43bd7c39d1754a712e;hp=38db1e32a06e43a657aeab8c01f5f736efa1ae07;hb=753dc50b6b055494e0ef84d13a0dd8cdc0619680;hpb=2e6e6ce09c1d2c329b085618ef9be8665339b505

Christoph

---

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 20:07:31 -0700

Hi Christoph,

> I had to revert the patch on the older distributions since go was

I forgot to mention it in my original email, but I thought the patch
might be an issue on older distributions. In the future, is there a way
I can trigger a snapshot build on pgdgbuild before notifying the mailing
list?

> need to un-revert it there if they change the toolchain before the

It looks like the replacement API is only available in
github.com/prometheus/[email-masked] and Ubuntu noble (as of
20240404) still is on 1.18.0. Unless 1.19.0 gets uploaded to noble, the
patch shouldn't need to be un-reverted. I will keep an eye on this.

--Bradford