Subject: pgvector 0.7.0 - New upstream version

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 23:26:48 -0700

Hello All,

pgvector has released 0.7.0 and I have pushed a commit to Salsa [1] to
update the Debian package. I'd like to request a review and upload, as
cycles permit.

Let me know if anything needs changes.

Thanks,

--Bradford

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/pgvector/-/commit/a5966f811b9ebf951028fa17e7abfa2e0581ef28

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 11:30:53 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> update the Debian package. I'd like to request a review and upload, as

Hi Bradford,

uploaded. I had to disable the buster build since they are using
intrinsics now that don't work there yet:

10:02:20 ERROR:  could not load library "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/postgresql-15-pgvector/usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib/vector.so": /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/postgresql-15-pgvector/usr/lib/postgresql/15/lib/vector.so: undefined symbol: _xgetbv

https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/pgvector-binaries/architecture=amd64,distribution=buster/19/console#console-section-4

Christoph

---

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 22:40:21 -0700

Hi Christoph,

> intrinsics now that don't work there yet:

Since buster's LTS EOL is scheduled for June 30th, 2024 is this
something that I should look at fixing?

Regards,

--Bradford

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:33:57 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> something that I should look at fixing?

Well maybe if you really wanted, but since buster has been in LTS for
longer than the pgvector package existed, I don't think there's any
users. (And people really shouldn't be setting up new stuff with
buster.)

Let's just wait these two months and call it a day.

Christoph

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:34:57 +0200

Re: To Bradford Boyle
> users. (And people really shouldn't be setting up new stuff with

... and the 0.6.2 pgvector package is still in there and will stay
there as long as it's installable.

Christoph