Subject: Fix 1064956 for libh3

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 20:35:52 -0700

Hello All,
Hello All,

I've pushed a change to libh3 to address bug #1064956 [1]. The Salsa CI
pipeline is green and I don't anticipate any distribution- or
architecture-specific issues with the fix since it's a minor tweak to
the build.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Thanks,
--Bradford

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1064956

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 09:56:11 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> architecture-specific issues with the fix since it's a minor tweak to

Hi Bradford,

thanks! The inner workings of cmake are still a complete mystery to
me, so that would likely have taken me a very long time to figure out.

Is that something that we should submit upstream?

Cheers,
Christoph

---

From: Bradford Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 22:31:13 -0700

Hi Christoph,

> Is that something that we should submit upstream?

I jumped right in to fixing this and didn't look at recent commits
upstream. It looks like upstream already merged a similar fix for this
[1]. However there hasn't been a release with this change included.

--Bradford

[1]: https://github.com/uber/h3/pull/819

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 09:36:30 +0200

Re: Bradford Boyle
> [1]. However there hasn't been a release with this change included.

Ack, thanks for checking!

Christoph