Subject: Jammy-pgdg repository

From: "Hicks, David (RCMP/GRC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 19:22:40 +0000

So I am trying to install Postgresql-15 on Ubuntu 22.04LTS.  I have done all the repository subscription work on my end and I can only see version 14.

Am I missing something?

V/R,

C/M David Hicks.
Wireless Infrastructure and Communications - Applied Projects (WICAP)
"D" Division Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Cell: (204)997-0739
Fax: (204)984-8814
Email: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 23:39:00 +0200

Re: Hicks, David (RCMP/GRC)
> So I am trying to install Postgresql-15 on Ubuntu 22.04LTS.  I have done all the repository subscription work on my end and I can only see version 14.

Hi,

14 is the version shipped with jammy. If apt.postgresql.org doesn't
show up, you missed one step in setting up the repo. (Did you run
`apt update`?)

Christoph

---

From: "Hicks, David (RCMP/GRC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2025 17:13:27 +0000

So I have the Key in:
wicap@CR-DTAK-HQ:~$ ls  /usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.asc
/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.asc

The contents of my pgdg.list is:
wicap@CR-DTAK-HQ:~$ tail /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list 
deb [trusted=yes signed-by=/usr/share/postgresql-common/pgdg/apt.postgresql.org.asc] https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg main

When I run apt-get update I get:
wicap@CR-DTAK-HQ:~$ sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 https://mirror.it.ubc.ca/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:2 https://mirror.it.ubc.ca/ubuntu jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:3 https://mirror.it.ubc.ca/ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease            
Hit:4 https://mirror.it.ubc.ca/ubuntu jammy-security InRelease             
Ign:5 https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg InRelease        
Ign:5 https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg InRelease
Ign:5 https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg InRelease
Err:5 https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg InRelease
  Could not wait for server fd - select (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) [IP: 151.101.195.52 443]
Reading package lists... Done                       
W: Failed to fetch https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/jammy-pgdg/InRelease  Could not wait for server fd - select (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) [IP: 151.101.195.52 443]
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

And the result of the apt-cache search postgresql- is:
wicap@CR-DTAK-HQ:~$ sudo apt-cache search postgresql-
postgresql-14 - The World's Most Advanced Open Source Relational Database
postgresql-client - front-end programs for PostgreSQL (supported version)
postgresql-client-14 - front-end programs for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-client-common - manager for multiple PostgreSQL client versions
postgresql-common - PostgreSQL database-cluster manager
postgresql-contrib - additional facilities for PostgreSQL (supported version)
postgresql-doc - documentation for the PostgreSQL database management system
postgresql-doc-14 - documentation for the PostgreSQL database management system
postgresql-plperl-14 - PL/Perl procedural language for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-plpython3-14 - PL/Python 3 procedural language for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-pltcl-14 - PL/Tcl procedural language for PostgreSQL 14
cl-sql-postgresql-socket - CLSQL database backend, PostgreSQL via sockets
gnustep-dl2-postgresql-adaptor - gnustep-dl2 adaptor to connect to PostgreSQL
homer-api-postgresql - HOMER Capture Node REST API
kexi-postgresql-driver - PostgreSQL support for kexi
libghc-hdbc-dev - Haskell Database Connectivity, GHC package
libghc-hdbc-postgresql-dev - PostgreSQL HDBC (Haskell Database Connectivity) Driver for GHC
libghc-hdbc-postgresql-doc - PostgreSQL HDBC (Haskell Database Connectivity) documentation
libghc-hdbc-postgresql-prof - PostgreSQL HDBC Driver for GHC; profiling libraries
libghc-persistent-postgresql-dev - backend for the persistent library using PostgreSQL
libghc-persistent-postgresql-doc - backend for the persistent library using PostgreSQL; documentation
libghc-persistent-postgresql-prof - backend for the persistent library using PostgreSQL; profiling libraries
libghc-postgresql-libpq-dev - low-level binding to libpq
libghc-postgresql-libpq-doc - low-level binding to libpq; documentation
libghc-postgresql-libpq-prof - low-level binding to libpq; profiling libraries
libghc-postgresql-simple-dev - mid-level PostgreSQL client library
libghc-postgresql-simple-doc - mid-level PostgreSQL client library; documentation
libghc-postgresql-simple-prof - mid-level PostgreSQL client library; profiling libraries
libghc-text-postgresql-dev - Parser and Printer of PostgreSQL extended types
libghc-text-postgresql-doc - Parser and Printer of PostgreSQL extended types; documentation
libghc-text-postgresql-prof - Parser and Printer of PostgreSQL extended types; profiling libraries
libpostgresql-gst - PostgreSQL bindings for GNU Smalltalk
libpostgresql-jdbc-java - Java database (JDBC) driver for PostgreSQL
libpostgresql-jdbc-java-doc - Java database (JDBC) driver for PostgreSQL (documentation)
libpostgresql-ocaml - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq (runtime)
libpostgresql-ocaml-dev - OCaml bindings to PostgreSQL's libpq
libtap-parser-sourcehandler-pgtap-perl - Unit testing tools for pgTAP
libtest-postgresql-perl - sets up and destroys temporary PostgreSQL instances for testing
lighttpd-mod-vhostdb-pgsql - PostgreSQL-based virtual host configuration module for lighttpd
lua-dbi-postgresql-dev - DBI library for the Lua language, PostgreSQL development files
pgagent - job scheduling engine for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-asn1oid - ASN.1 OID data type for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-auto-failover - Postgres high availability support
postgresql-14-bgw-replstatus - report whether PostgreSQL node is master or standby
postgresql-14-cron - Run periodic jobs in PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-debversion - Debian version number type for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-decoderbufs - logical decoder output plugin to deliver data as Protocol Buffers
postgresql-14-dirtyread - Read dead but unvacuumed tuples from a PostgreSQL relation
postgresql-14-extra-window-functions - Extra Window Functions for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-first-last-agg - PostgreSQL extension providing first and last aggregate functions
postgresql-14-hll - HyperLogLog extension for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-hypopg - PostgreSQL extension adding support for hypothetical indexes.
postgresql-14-icu-ext - PostgreSQL extension exposing functionality from the ICU library
postgresql-14-ip4r - IPv4 and IPv6 types for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-jsquery - PostgreSQL JSON query language with GIN indexing support
postgresql-14-mimeo - specialized, per-table replication between PostgreSQL instances
postgresql-14-mysql-fdw - Postgres 14 Foreign Data Wrapper for MySQL
postgresql-14-numeral - numeral datatypes for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-ogr-fdw - PostgreSQL foreign data wrapper for OGR
postgresql-14-omnidb - PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL debugger extension for OmniDB
postgresql-14-orafce - Oracle support functions for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-partman - PostgreSQL Partition Manager
postgresql-14-periods - PERIODs and SYSTEM VERSIONING for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pg-catcheck - Postgres system catalog checker
postgresql-14-pg-checksums - Activate/deactivate/verify PostgreSQL data checksums
postgresql-14-pg-fact-loader - Build fact tables asynchronously with Postgres
postgresql-14-pg-qualstats - PostgreSQL extension to gather statistics about predicates.
postgresql-14-pg-stat-kcache - PostgreSQL extension to gather per-query kernel statistics.
postgresql-14-pg-track-settings - PostgreSQL extension tracking of configuration settings
postgresql-14-pg-wait-sampling - Extension providing statistics about PostgreSQL wait events
postgresql-14-pgaudit - PostgreSQL Audit Extension
postgresql-14-pgauditlogtofile - PostgreSQL pgAudit Add-On to redirect audit logs
postgresql-14-pgextwlist - PostgreSQL Extension Whitelisting
postgresql-14-pgfincore - set of PostgreSQL functions to manage blocks in memory
postgresql-14-pgl-ddl-deploy - Transparent DDL replication for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pglogical - Logical Replication Extension for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pglogical-ticker - Have time-based replication delay for pglogical
postgresql-14-pgmemcache - PostgreSQL interface to memcached
postgresql-14-pgmp - arbitrary precision integers and rationals for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-pgpcre - Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) extension for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pgpool2 - connection pool server and replication proxy for PostgreSQL - modules
postgresql-14-pgq-node - Cascaded queueing on top of PgQ
postgresql-14-pgq3 - Generic queue for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pgrouting - Routing functionality support for PostgreSQL/PostGIS
postgresql-14-pgrouting-doc - Routing functionality support for PostgreSQL/PostGIS (Documentation)
postgresql-14-pgrouting-scripts - Routing functionality support for PostgreSQL/PostGIS - SQL scripts
postgresql-14-pgsphere - Spherical data types for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-pgtap - Unit testing framework extension for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-pldebugger - PostgreSQL pl/pgsql Debugger API
postgresql-14-pllua - Lua procedural language for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-plpgsql-check - plpgsql_check extension for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-plproxy - database partitioning system for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-plr - Procedural language interface between PostgreSQL and R
postgresql-14-plsh - PL/sh procedural language for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-pointcloud - PostgreSQL extension for storing point cloud (LIDAR) data
postgresql-14-postgis-3 - Geographic objects support for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-postgis-3-scripts - Geographic objects support for PostgreSQL 14 -- SQL scripts
postgresql-14-powa - PostgreSQL Workload Analyzer -- PostgreSQL 14 extension
postgresql-14-prefix - Prefix Range module for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-preprepare - pre prepare your PostgreSQL statements server side
postgresql-14-prioritize - Get and set the nice priorities of PostgreSQL backends
postgresql-14-q3c - PostgreSQL 14 extension used for indexing the sky
postgresql-14-rational - Precise fractional arithmetic for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-rdkit - Cheminformatics and machine-learning software (PostgreSQL Cartridge)
postgresql-14-repack - reorganize tables in PostgreSQL databases with minimal locks
postgresql-14-repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL 14
postgresql-14-rum - PostgreSQL RUM access method
postgresql-14-semver - Semantic version number type for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-similarity - PostgreSQL similarity functions extension
postgresql-14-slony1-2 - replication system for PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL 14 server plug-in
postgresql-14-snakeoil - PostgreSQL anti-virus scanner based on ClamAV
postgresql-14-tdigest - t-digest algorithm for on-line accumulation of rank-based statistics
postgresql-14-tds-fdw - PostgreSQL foreign data wrapper for TDS databases
postgresql-14-toastinfo - Show storage structure of varlena datatypes in PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-unit - SI Units for PostgreSQL
postgresql-14-wal2json - PostgreSQL logical decoding JSON output plugin
postgresql-all - metapackage depending on all PostgreSQL server packages
postgresql-autodoc - Utility to create a PostgreSQL database schema overview in HTML, DOT and XML
postgresql-comparator - efficient PostgreSQL table content comparison and synchronization
postgresql-filedump - Dump PostgreSQL files in human-readable form
postgresql-server-dev-14 - development files for PostgreSQL 14 server-side programming
postgresql-server-dev-all - extension build tool for multiple PostgreSQL versions
powa-collector - PoWA collector daemon for remote snapshots
wicap@CR-DTAK-HQ:~$ 

There does not seem to be an option to go past version 14.

Thanks in advance,

V/R,

C/M David Hicks.
Wireless Infrastructure and Communications - Applied Projects (WICAP) 
"D" Division Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Cell: (204)997-0739
Fax: (204)984-8814
Email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2025 16:39
To: Hicks, David (RCMP/GRC) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Jammy-pgdg repository

Hi,

14 is the version shipped with jammy. If apt.postgresql.org doesn't show up, you missed one step in setting up the repo. (Did you run `apt update`?)

Christoph

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2025 19:34:30 +0200

>   Could not wait for server fd - select (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) [IP: 151.101.195.52 443]

You have weird networking there. Maybe you need to configure a proxy.

Christoph