Subject: A broken repository for ubuntu 22 on s390x

From: Виктор Курилко<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2025 12:10:01 +0700

It seems that the repository for Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy) is not working due 
to an error in the InRelease file. Iassumethatthisis dueto the 
factthatthere are noentriesinthe fileforthe 
uncompressedPackagesfileforthe s390xarchitecture. Because of this, apt 
cannot download the package list and outputs a warning: "W: Skipping 
acquire of configured file 'main/binary-s390x/Packages' as repository 
'https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg-archive 
InRelease' does not seem to provide it (sources.list entry misspelt?)". 
This problem does not appear on other architectures. The issue can be 
reproduced quite easily. 1. Launch the docker container with the 
linux/s390x platform 2. Install the necessary packages: apt update && 
apt install wget gpg -y 3. Add a repository: echo "deb 
https://apt-archive.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt jammy-pgdg-archive 
main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list 4. Add a key: wget --quiet -O 
- https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | apt-key add - 5. 
Update the package list: apt update After that, a warning will appear.

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2025 15:28:57 +0200

Re: Виктор Курилко
> It seems that the repository for Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy) is not working due to
> an error in the InRelease file. Iassumethatthisis dueto the factthatthere
> are noentriesinthe fileforthe uncompressedPackagesfileforthe
> s390xarchitecture.

Hi Виктор,

I'm afraid s390x support has been discontinued:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Z9Gn0VV4fJ8qT8tL%40msg.df7cb.de
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/aItWGvIAWFEsLqds%40msg.df7cb.de

You are literally the first person ever to report using this
architecture.

Christoph

---

From: Viktor Kurilko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2025 22:26:25 +0700

> You are literally the first person ever to report using this
Hello, I know that the packages for this architecture have been removed 
from the main repository. But the problem is in the archive repository 
where the packages for this architecture should still be available, as I 
understand.

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2025 17:39:49 +0200

Re: Viktor Kurilko
> Hello, I know that the packages for this architecture have been removed from
> the main repository. But the problem is in the archive repository where the
> packages for this architecture should still be available, as I understand.

Oh right, there is something bogus with the InRelease file:

MD5Sum:
 29ee4e0ba27663ee9a0f63c8b74a5312         16486268 main/binary-amd64/Packages
 d3d08c23825bec198fc850598716e316          2670222 main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
 ae7d8d4ce0b63901e93d125d63c121d8         16009044 main/binary-arm64/Packages
 efddcee1b26084ecfd5aa4798eaf9ebe          2606043 main/binary-arm64/Packages.bz2
 4013e7600187dee885eefc0930551b32         16729722 main/binary-ppc64el/Packages
 1d0733023e555942d17ac8b5caa0df7b          2721196 main/binary-ppc64el/Packages.bz2
 8d4712b2bcb062c14e1882473656c7df          1698487 main/binary-s390x/Packages.bz2
 4608b6d654cd598767fd3c5c1f8a32ae          3137326 main/source/Sources
 a792b603f67b5ea776c5d17f2ab1dd5f           456094 main/source/Sources.bz2

There should be a line for "main/binary-s390x/Packages". Will check.

Sorry I should have read the original report more closely.

Christoph

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2025 21:38:01 +0200

Re: To Viktor Kurilko
> There should be a line for "main/binary-s390x/Packages". Will check.

Found it:

https://salsa.debian.org/postgresql/apt.postgresql.org/-/commit/3ac262be85117f0217e07de903cba9d79cf9c6e1

Thanks for spotting that and the report!

Christoph