Subject: postgis 3.0.0 incompatibility with LLVM 15

From: Ярослав Минин <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 11:00:20 +0200

Hello!

Versions:
OS: Ubuntu 22.04

PostgreSQL 15.3 (Ubuntu 15.3-1.pgdg22.04+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 11.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.3.0, 64-bit

POSTGIS="3.6.0 4c1967d" [EXTENSION] PGSQL="150" GEOS="3.10.2-CAPI-1.16.0"
SFCGAL="SFCGAL 1.4.1, CGAL 5.3.1, BOOST 1.74.0" PROJ="8.2.1
NETWORK_ENABLED=OFF URL_ENDPOINT=https://cdn.proj.org
USER_WRITABLE_DIRECTORY=/tmp/proj DATABASE_PATH=/usr/share/proj/proj.db"
(compiled against PROJ 8.2.1) GDAL="GDAL 3.4.1, released 2021/12/27" LIBXML=
"2.9.13" LIBJSON="0.15" LIBPROTOBUF="1.3.3" WAGYU="0.5.0 (Internal)" RASTER

After upgrading PostGIS from 3.3.0 to 3.6.0 (latest) most of our queries
result in the following error:
*error: Not an int attribute (Producer: 'LLVM15.0.7' Reader: 'LLVM 14.0.0')*
.

PostGIS was installed using *sudo apt-get install postgis
postgresql-15-postgis-3*.

It seems the problem is JIT using LLVM 14. LLVM on my PostgreSQL instance
is *'LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/bin/llvm-config-15'*.

Setting JIT=off solves the problem but we have quite many scenarios where
using JIT is let’s say prefferable.

So the question is is it possible to make PostGIS 3.3.0 compatible with my
PostgreSQL with JIT on?

--
Sincerely,
Yaras

---

From: Yaroslav Minin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 11:36:07 +0200

"So the question is is it possible to make PostGIS 3.3.0 compatible with my
PostgreSQL with JIT on?"

Sorry, of course I meant the latest PostGIS 3.6.0.

--
Sincerely,
Yaras

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 12:48:32 +0200

Re: Ярослав Минин
> PostgreSQL 15.3 (Ubuntu 15.3-1.pgdg22.04+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,

The current version is 15.14, please upgrade to that first.

Christoph

---

From: Yaroslav Minin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 15:09:45 +0200

Thanks for the hint! No errors after upgrading to the latest minor version
(15.14).