Subject: missing apt postgresql-18-pgauditlogtofile

From: Avahita Heidarnezhad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2025 13:54:28 +0330

Hi,

I recently installed PostgreSQL 18 following the official release
announcement:

https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-18-released-3142

The postgresql-18-pgaudit package installed successfully via APT. However,
I couldn’t find a corresponding package for postgresql-18-pgauditlogtofile.
It appears that only versions up to PostgreSQL 17 are currently available
in the repository.

Could you please confirm whether support for PostgreSQL 18 is planned for
this extension?

I’ve opened an issue here for reference:

https://github.com/fmbiete/pgauditlogtofile/issues/55

Following up on that discussion, I was directed to this email address.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Avahita

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2025 18:22:17 +0200

Re: Avahita Heidarnezhad
> It appears that only versions up to PostgreSQL 17 are currently available

pgauditlogtofile depends on pgaudit and pgaudit 18 was only released
very recently, so we couldn't pre-build pgauditlogtofile for the
PostgreSQL 18 release like most other extensions.

Done now.

Christoph