Subject: New versions of Londiste and Skytools

From: Tomasz Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 17:23:46 +0100

Hello everyone.
Last year Christoph sent emails asking for help
with maintaining Londiste/Skytools packages. We discussed
a bit about that during this year's PgConfEU in Berlin.

As we're using Londiste in company I work for, I'll
try to bring them to recent versions and current
team's policies (e.g. using git-buildpackage).

To summarize current state:
pgq - in current version (3.5-1), using gbp
pgq-node - in current version (3.5-2), using gbp
python-skytools - older version (upstream: 3.8.1, Debian 3.6.1-1),
using gbp
londiste - older version (upstream: 3.11, Debian 3.4.1-2), no gbp
pgqd - older version (upstream: 3.5, Debian 3.3-5), no gbp
python-pgq - older version (upstream: 3.7.1, Debian 3.5-3), no gbp

Today I updated python-skytools, and uploaded to Debian. Steps I took:
1. Fix watch file
2. gbp import-orig --uscan (from 3.6.1 to 3.8.1)
3. Bump standards version
4. Add myself to uploaders
5. Build and upload

Lintian complains about hardening - I might look into that after fixing
all other packages.

I also started working on londiste. My changes:
1. Create upstream branch (after
file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-
html/gbp.import.convert.html#gbp.import.upstream.not.on.branch
2. Fix debian/watch file
3. gbp import-orig (from 3.4.1 to 3.11)
4. Bump standards version, add myself to uploaders, add debian/gbp.conf
All changes are in git log :-)
5. Build package locally.
I haven't uploaded it yet: it depends (for tests) on newer version
of python-skytools, so I'll wait for it to get accepted.

I pushed all changes to Salsa. If there are some questions, or
if there is other way of doing it, please comment.

I noticed that upstream release londiste-sql
(https://github.com/pgq/londiste-sql ) which is missing from Debian.
We'll test if this is really needed, and I intend to package it in
such a case; but as we are close to freeze, I'm not sure if it passes
NEW before deadline.

Best regards.

-- 
Tomasz Rybak, Debian Developer <[email-masked]>
GPG: A565 CE64 F866 A258 4DDC F9C7 ECB7 3E37 E887 AA8C

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 21:31:31 +0200

Re: Tomasz Rybak
> team's policies (e.g. using git-buildpackage).

Hi Tomasz,

thanks for updating the packages!

> if there is other way of doing it, please comment.

The changes you mentioned are fine, so feel free to upload.

Since I have way too many packages on my list, could you remove me
from the Uploaders fields? There are still team uploads when required.

Thanks,
Christoph

---

From: Tomasz Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 18:49:36 +0100

Summary of changes: I updated and uploaded all packages
which had newer upstream versions. I also packaged and uploaded
londiste-sql: it was missing form the set of Londiste/Skytools
packages available in Debian.

Today I uploaded new release of londiste-sql, fixing problematic
conflict and performing source-only upload needed for migration
to testing. Rest of packages are IMO in good shape and can stay
as they are for Bullseye, although Lintian complains about
hardening options for pgq.

Let me know if I need to do something with those packages
and apt.postgresql.org.

> from the Uploaders fields? There are still team uploads when required.

I removed you from Uploaders in all packages I uploaded and closed
relevant RFH issues at the same time. The only RFHs left opened
are for packages I haven't yet touched. I'll deal with them
when uploading new versions.

Best regards.