Subject: pgbouncer updated to version 1.17.0-1.pgdg+1

From: apt.postgresql.org Repository Update <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:06:01 +0000

The package pgbouncer was updated on apt.postgresql.org.

apt-listchanges: Changelogs
---------------------------

pgbouncer (1.17.0-1.pgdg+1) sid-pgdg; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for sid-pgdg.
  * No source changes.

 -- PostgreSQL on Debian and Ubuntu <[email-masked]>  Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:39:55 +0200

pgbouncer (1.17.0-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * New upstream version.
  * Add pgbouncer.service and enable systemd notify integration.
  * Remove obsolete README.Debian file. (Closes: #985845)

 -- Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>  Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:39:55 +0200

New version 1.17.0-1.pgdg+1:

pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg+1       |  sid-pgdg       |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg120+1    |  bookworm-pgdg  |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg110+1    |  bullseye-pgdg  |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg100+1    |  buster-pgdg    |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg90+1     |  stretch-pgdg   |  amd64,  i386,   ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg22.04+1  |  jammy-pgdg     |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg21.10+1  |  impish-pgdg    |  amd64,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.16.1-1.pgdg21.04+1  |  hirsute-pgdg   |  amd64,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.16.0-1.pgdg20.10+1  |  groovy-pgdg    |  amd64,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg20.04+1  |  focal-pgdg     |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.17.0-1.pgdg18.04+1  |  bionic-pgdg    |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer         |  1.15.0-1.pgdg16.04+1  |  xenial-pgdg    |  amd64,  i386,   ppc64el,  source
pgbouncer-dbg     |  1.15.0-1.pgdg16.04+1  |  xenial-pgdg    |  amd64,  i386,   ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg+1       |  sid-pgdg       |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg120+1    |  bookworm-pgdg  |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg110+1    |  bullseye-pgdg  |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg100+1    |  buster-pgdg    |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg90+1     |  stretch-pgdg   |  amd64,  i386,   ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg22.04+1  |  jammy-pgdg     |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg21.10+1  |  impish-pgdg    |  amd64
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.16.1-1.pgdg21.04+1  |  hirsute-pgdg   |  amd64
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.16.0-1.pgdg20.10+1  |  groovy-pgdg    |  amd64
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg20.04+1  |  focal-pgdg     |  amd64,  arm64,  ppc64el
pgbouncer-dbgsym  |  1.17.0-1.pgdg18.04+1  |  bionic-pgdg    |  amd64,  arm64,  i386,     ppc64el

The public mirrors serving apt.postgresql.org are synced hourly,
the updated packages will be available there shortly.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:46:31 +0200

>   -- Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>  Mon, 04 Apr 2022 12:39:55 +0200

The example pgbouncer.service included in pgbouncer contains the line

     After=network.target

Is this still best practice?  Might be good to keep this consistent.

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 13:30:12 +0200

Re: Peter Eisentraut
> The example pgbouncer.service included in pgbouncer contains the line

Hi Peter,

I was looking for a service file shipped with pgbouncer but couldn't
find any. Where is it, was I blind?

> Is this still best practice?  Might be good to keep this consistent.

In hindsight, I rushed that change too fast.

Yes, that should be considered.

Christoph

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:43:22 +0200

> find any. Where is it, was I blind?

https://github.com/pgbouncer/pgbouncer/blob/master/etc/pgbouncer.service

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:02:22 +0200

Re: Peter Eisentraut
> https://github.com/pgbouncer/pgbouncer/blob/master/etc/pgbouncer.service

Oh, of course, thanks!. Turns out I forgot to run git pull in the
upstream checkout.

But the files are still missing in the release tarball as they aren't
mentioned in Makefile dist_doc_DATA.

Christoph