Subject: Where can I find debuginfo for rhel-8

From: 由宗江 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 13:49:31 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

 I can only find debuginfo for rhel-7 on https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/debug/12/redhat/, but not for https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/postgresql12-server-12.10-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm. I tried to use the symbol table in the debuginfo for rhel-7, but found that the two did not match. Hope to get help in finding debuginfo for rhel-8.

 Best regards.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 18:28:51 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, 2024-07-30 at 13:49 +0800, 由宗江 wrote:
>  I can only find debuginfo for rhel-7 on
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/debug/12/redhat/, but
> not for
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/postgresql12-server-12.10-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm
> . I tried to use the symbol table in the debuginfo for rhel-7, but
> found that the two did not match. Hope to get help in finding
> debuginfo for rhel-8.

https://yum.postgresql.org/news/new-url-for-debuginfo-rpms/

Once you update the repository RPM, you'll be able to use debuginfo-
install to install those packages.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR