Subject: Availability of versions 9.4.1 and 9.4.2 for rhel6

From: Pierre-Alain TORET <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:38:05 +0200

Hello RPM Building Project team,

I am wondering why are the packages for version 9.4.1 and 9.4.2 not 
available anymore for RHEL6 while it's still possible to install them 
for RHEL7.

I tried to look for a specific note explaining about this decision but I 
could not find anything.

Anyway I also would like to thank you for your work, it really does 
facilitate the installation of PostgreSQL :)

Best regards,
Pierre-Alain

-- 
Sent via pgsql-pkg-yum mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-pkg-yum

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:53:40 +0300

Hi,
On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 11:38 +0200, Pierre-Alain TORET wrote:
> I tried to look for a specific note explaining about this decision 
> but I could not find anything.

We try to keep only last two versions of the RPMs do save disk space.
However, you can always grab the sources from

ftp://ftp-archives.postgresql.org/pub/source/

and build your own RPMs using the spec files and patches provided in
git:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR