Subject: PostGIS / PgRouting

From: "Paragon Corporation" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 22:05:23 -0500

I installed this repo -
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.5/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos95-9.5-2.noarc
h.rpm

And went to install PostGIS as I usually do

1) PostGIS looks like it's currently version 2.2.0  instead of the newer
2.2.1 that was released around time of PostgreSQL 9.5.0
Gives: gistest=# SELECT postgis_full_version();
 
postgis_full_version
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
 POSTGIS="2.2.0 r14208" GEOS="3.5.0-CAPI-1.9.0 r4084" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6
March 2012" GDAL="GDAL 1.9.2, released 2012/10/08" LIBXML="2.7.6"
LIBJSON="0.11" TOPOLOGY RASTER
(1 row)

Any plans to upgrade this to 2.2.1?

2) I was hoping to find pgRouting available but didn't see it, though the
CGAL package is present
3) Similarly postgis_sfcgal is also not available.

Let me know if or not these will be available.

On a somewhat related issue.  Someone put in a ticket in our tracker about
having trouble installing PostGIS for Oracle Linux.
Not sure if this is packaging or just user error.  Seems like it might be a
packaging bug.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3423

Thanks,
Regina

-- 
Sent via pgsql-pkg-yum mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-pkg-yum

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:27:26 +0200

Hi Regina,

> Any plans to upgrade this to 2.2.1?

Just did it. I found a spec file error that prevented the build. Pushed
updates to 9.5 repos.

> 2) I was hoping to find pgRouting available but didn't see it, though
> the CGAL package is present

See the previous email to this list -- the boost issue blocks both of
these.

> On a somewhat related issue.  Someone put in a ticket in our tracker
> about having trouble installing PostGIS for Oracle Linux.
> Not sure if this is packaging or just user error.  Seems like it
> might be a packaging bug.
> 

We don't have separate packages for RHEL/CentOS/OS/SL :-) So, if it
works on RHEL 6, it should work on OL. That said, I think the OP needs
to update to GeOS 3.5.0, which is available in the repo.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR