Subject: PostGIS 2.3 and PgRouting 2.0.3?

From: Scott Mugnaini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:44:02 +0300

Hi -
I saw that both PostGIS 2.3 and PgRouting 2.0.3 would be in the 9.6 release.
In the current RC for CentOS 6.x64, neither is available.
Will these only be added for the actual release?
Thanks,
Scott

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:08:41 +0300

Hi,

> I saw that both PostGIS 2.3 and PgRouting 2.0.3 would be in the 9.6 release.

(Assuming that you mean pgrouting 2.3.0), yes they will be.

> Will these only be added for the actual release?

Yes, I'm rebuilding all packages from scratch for 9.6 release, and they will be
released tomorrow. These 2 packages are already done.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Scott Mugnaini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:27:01 +0300

PgRouting is missing from CentOS 6x.64 production
Will it still be added?
Thanks again,
Scott

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:14:59 +0300

Hi Scott,

> PgRouting is missing from CentOS 6x.64 production

Sorry, had build errors with 2.3.0 on RHEL 6. I submitted the issue to
developers, and waiting a response from them.

Regards,

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:27:34 +0300

Hi,

> PgRouting is missing from CentOS 6x.64 production

2.3 and 2.2 cannot be compiled on RHEL 6, so I pushed 2.0.1 to the testing
repository. It will be available in an hour. Once it is there, you can install
it with 

yum --enablerepo pgdg96-updates-testing install pgrouting_96

if you have have the latest repository RPM. Please let me know if it works, so
that I can push it to the stable repository.

Regards,

---

From: Scott Mugnaini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:41:21 +0300

It installs but I get error below on creating extension:
create extension pgrouting;
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/librouting.so":
/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/librouting.so: undefined symbol: heap_formtuple
david=#
Thanks,
Scott

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:05:09 +0300

Hi Scott,

> /usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/librouting.so: undefined symbol: heap_formtuple

Yeah, I was working on that. This does not happen in PostgreSQL 9.4+pgrouting
2.0, so it must be something about PostgreSQL or so. I'll bug the pgrouting
folks.

Thanks for testing it.

Regards,

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:12:32 +0200

Re: Devrim Gündüz 2016-09-30 <[email-masked]>
> 2.0, so it must be something about PostgreSQL or so. I'll bug the pgrouting

commit 726117243022178e72966cbffdfb9147ec6dbbcc
Author: Heikki Linnakangas <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jul 2 21:18:04 2015 +0300

    Remove obsolete heap_formtuple/modifytuple/deformtuple functions.
    
    These variants used the old-style 'n'/' ' NULL indicators. The new-style
    functions have been available since version 8.1. That should be long enough
    that if there is still any old external code using these functions, they
    can just switch to the new functions without worrying about backwards
    compatibility
    
    Peter Geoghegan

Christoph

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 17:14:54 +0300

Ouch.

So, pgrouting folks are working on a new 2.2 that will includes fixes for this
*and* gcc 4.4. I'll keep the list updated.

Regards, Devrim

---

From: Scott Mugnaini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 00:30:53 +0200

Any chance/possibility that 2.3.1 will make it to CentOS repo?
http://docs.pgrouting.org/2.3/en/doc/index.html
Thanks again,
Scott

---

From: Vicky Vergara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:49:51 -0600

Hello,
I am a pgRouting developer.
I must say that I don't expect to be a problem on CENTOS 7

pgRouting relies heavily on C++0x code, you can see the difference of the
things that can be done on the g++4.4 used by Centos 6 and the g++4.8 used
in Centos 7
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.4/cxx0x_status.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.8/cxx0x_status.html

So about Centos 6
I dedicated some time to make a 2.1 version compilable with g++4.4
can be found here:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/releases/tag/experiment%2Fg%2B%2B4.4compilable-lw
here you can see the usual tests we make:
https://travis-ci.org/pgRouting/pgrouting/builds/177448596
and the tasks I made:
https://github.com/cvvergara/pgrouting/issues/60

I tagged it as experiment as I don't have a centos 6 to try on.

When I compile it locally on my computer and try to link it to postgresql I
get this kind of warnings:
my guess is because postgresql I have is not compiled with 4.4

[ 94%] Building C object src/vrp_basic/src/CMakeFiles/vrp_basic.dir/VRP.c.o
/home/vicky/pgrouting/pgrouting/pgrouting/src/vrp_basic/src/VRP.c: In
function ‘finish’:
/home/vicky/pgrouting/pgrouting/pgrouting/src/vrp_basic/src/VRP.c:149:
warning: implicit declaration of function ‘__builtin_unreachable’

after compilation when I start executing the tests the extension does not
load because __builtin_unreachable is not defined:
CREATE EXTENSION ERROR: could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/
librouting-2.1.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/librouting-2.1.so:
undefined symbol: __builtin_unreachable ERROR: function pgr_version() does
not exist LINE 1: select pgr_version()

__builtin_unreachable started on GCC 4.5:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.4/gcc/Other-Builtins.html

-- 

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: [email-masked]
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

Commercial register: Amtsgericht München, HRB 181428
CEO: Daniel Kastl

---

From: Vicky Vergara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:59:39 -0600

hello again.
(I miss clicked and sent before finishing the last mail)

So.. the tag
experiment/g++4.4compilable-lw
<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/releases/tag/experiment%2Fg%2B%2B4.4compilable-lw>

Is thought for centos6, has pgRouting 2.1 compilable with g++4.4 and it can
be used with postgres9.6 and has some wrappers to use better code where
possible.

As a reminder I don't expect problems for CENTOS 7 and pgRouting version
2.3.1.

Regards

Vicky

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Vicky Vergara <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When I compile it locally on my computer and try to link it to postgresql
> I get this kind of warnings:
> /home/vicky/pgrouting/pgrouting/pgrouting/src/vrp_basic/src/VRP.c: In function ‘finish’:
> /home/vicky/pgrouting/pgrouting/pgrouting/src/vrp_basic/src/VRP.c:149: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘__builtin_unreachable’
>
> CREATE EXTENSION ERROR: could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/librouting-2.1.so":
> /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/librouting-2.1.so: undefined symbol:
> __builtin_unreachable ERROR: function pgr_version() does not exist LINE 1:
> select pgr_version()
>
>
>
>>> >     functions have been available since version 8.1. That should be
>>> long
>>> > enough

-- 

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research