Subject: pgadmin4 on Centos 6

From: "Steven Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 10:48:21 -0500

Hi,

I found a blog posting that seems to suggest this is possible.  However,
even after enabling EPEL and the official postgresql repo, the install
fails with complaints about a large number of Python packages for which
appropriate versions cannot be located:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-jinja2 >= 2.7.3
           Available: python-jinja2-2.2.1-2.el6_5.x86_64 (base)
               python-jinja2 = 2.2.1-2.el6_5
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-beautifulsoup4 >= 4.4.1
           Available: python-beautifulsoup4-4.1.3-3.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-beautifulsoup4 = 4.1.3-3.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-html5lib >= 1.0b3
           Available: python-html5lib-0.90-1.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-html5lib = 0.90-1.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-crypto >= 2.6.1
           Installed: python-crypto-2.0.1-22.el6.x86_64
(@anaconda-CentOS-201508042137.x86_64/6.7)
               python-crypto = 2.0.1-22.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-speaklater >= 1.3
           Available: python-speaklater-1.2-4.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-speaklater = 1.2-4.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: pytz >= 2014.10
           Installed: pytz-2010h-2.el6.noarch
(@anaconda-CentOS-201508042137.x86_64/6.7)
               pytz = 2010h-2.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-sqlparse >= 0.1.19
           Available: python-sqlparse-0.1.11-2.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-sqlparse = 0.1.11-2.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-importlib >= 1.0.3
           Available: python-importlib-1.0.2-1.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-importlib = 1.0.2-1.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-jinja2 >= 2.7.3
           Installing: python-jinja2-2.2.1-2.el6_5.x86_64 (base)
               python-jinja2 = 2.2.1-2.el6_5
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-passlib >= 1.6.2
           Available: python-passlib-1.5.3-1.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-passlib = 1.5.3-1.el6
Error: Package: pgadmin4-web-1.0-2.rhel6.noarch (pgdg96)
           Requires: python-speaklater >= 1.3
           Installing: python-speaklater-1.2-4.el6.noarch (epel)
               python-speaklater = 1.2-4.el6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I am unable to locate any of these newer RPMs.

Would appreciate any advice on how to workaround this problem.

Steven N. Hirsch

Advisory Software Engineer

Currently on-loan to:

Smarter Energy Research Team
T.J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights, NY

Tie-line 446-6557
Ext. 802-769-6557

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2016 21:33:49 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 10:48 -0500, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> I found a blog posting that seems to suggest this is possible. 

Which post is this? We can ask that guy to build the dependencies :P

>  However,

Unfortunately, I did not have any time and intention to build the prerequisites
on RHEL 6, as I'm not sure it is worth the effort. I wish I could see the
numbers of how many people would like to run pgadmin4 on RHEL 6...

Anyway, it is not rocket science, I can give a try next week.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR