Subject: Postgres Compitable version for RHEL 7.2

From: Yogesh Parmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:14:59 +0530

Hi,

Which Postgresql version is compatible with RHEL 7.2(X86_64) and which is
preferable method or source to install Postgresql on RHEL 7.2(x86_64) using
RPMs,Yum Repositories or tar.gz archive?

Regards,

Yogesh Parmar
Mobile: +91 9558819442
Skype : ydparmarwww.elitecore.com
<http://www.crestel.in/next-generation-bss-platform-products.html>

-- 

*STL Disclaimer:*
The content of this message may be legally privileged and confidential and 
are for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. It should not be read, 
copied and used by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you have 
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, 
preserve its confidentiality and delete it. Before opening any attachments 
please check them for viruses and defects. No employee or agent is 
authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Sterlite 
Technologies Limited with another party by email without express written 
confirmation by authorised person. Visit us at www.sterlitetech.com
 Please consider environment before printing this email !

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:46:54 +0300

Hi Yogesh,

> RPMs,Yum Repositories or tar.gz archive?

We provide RPMs on RHEL 7 for all supported PostgreSQL release, i.e. 9.6 and
back to 9.2, so we support all of them --and they all work on RHEL 7.

Most people use the RPMs, instead of compiling by themselves. Different major
versions can be installed at the same time via our repository, so that is
another reason that our user base prefer PGDG packages.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR