Subject: Postgresql installation issue

From: "Tabassum Fathima" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 12:44:54 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to install postgre into my linux machine (Linux 
ip-172-31-35-138 4.9.70-22.55.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 20 23:36:28 UTC 
2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux), 

I have downloaded the pgdg-redhat10-10-2.noarch.rpm 

first of all I don't find this below configuration file:

 /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf  

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-35-138 ~]$ ls /etc/yum/pluginconf.d
priorities.conf  update-motd.conf  upgrade-helper.conf

I ran,  sudo yum install pgdg-redhat10-10-2.noarch.rpm.-----------------> 
successfully completed

I am getting the error for these below commands:
Install the client packages:
yum install postgresql10
Optionally install the server packages:
yum install postgresql10-server
Optionally initialize the database and enable automatic start:
service postgresql-10 initdb
chkconfig postgresql-10 on
service postgresql-10 start

I am getting an below error, while executing the above commands:
[ec2-user@ip-172-31-35-138 ~]$ sudo yum install postgresql10
Loaded plugins: priorities, update-motd, upgrade-helper
amzn-main       | 2.1 kB  00:00:00
amzn-updates          | 2.5 kB  00:00:00
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-latest-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: 
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please open a ticket 
with Red Hat Support.

 One of the configured repositories failed (PostgreSQL 10 latest - 
x86_64),
 and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the 
only
 safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the 
problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a 
working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will 
then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again 
or use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable pgdg10

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is 
unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most 
commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be 
much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a 
nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save 
--setopt=pgdg10.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg10: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to 
try.
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-latest-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: 
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

Thanks
tabassum

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 21:38:02 +0300

Hi,

> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

If my memory serves well, when I last added symlink to latest, some RHEL 6
servers were broken, but I am not sure.

Still, I created a symlink for this again, let's see if anything will be broken
 (again?). They will appear in next hour.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR