Subject: postgis-2.4.so: undefined symbol: geod_init

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 11:34:50 -0600

Following yum update on centos6:
InternalError: ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-2.4.so": /usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-2.4.so: undefined symbol: geod_init

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ rpm -qa |grep -iE 'proj|geo|gis'
proj49-4.9.3-3.rhel6.x86_64
postgis24_10-2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64
postgis24_10-client-2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64
geos-3.5.0-1.rhel6.x86_64
proj-4.8.0-2.rhel6.x86_64
geos36-3.6.2-3.1.rhel6.x86_64
libgeotiff-1.4.0-1.rhel6.x86_64

    Dep-Install geos36-3.6.2-3.1.rhel6.x86_64                       @pgdg10
    Updated     hdf5-1.8.5.patch1-7.el6.x86_64                      @epel
    Update           1.8.7-1.el6.rf.x86_64                          @rpmforge
    Updated     postgis24_10-2.4.1-1.rhel6.x86_64                   @pgdg10
    Update                   2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64                   @pgdg10
    Updated     postgis24_10-client-2.4.1-1.rhel6.x86_64            @pgdg10
    Update                          2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64            @pgdg10
    Updated     postgresql10-10.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64                @pgdg10
    Update                   10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64                @pgdg10
    Updated     postgresql10-contrib-10.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64        @pgdg10
    Update                           10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64        @pgdg10
    Updated     postgresql10-devel-10.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64          @pgdg10
    Update                         10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64          @pgdg10
    Updated     postgresql10-libs-10.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64           @pgdg10
    Update                        10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64           @pgdg10
    Updated     postgresql10-server-10.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64         @pgdg10
    Update                          10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64         @pgdg10

Fixed by downgrading postgis:

    Downgrade  postgis24_10-2.4.2-1.rhel6.x86_64        @pgdg10
    Downgraded              2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64        @pgdg10
    Downgrade  postgis24_10-client-2.4.2-1.rhel6.x86_64 @pgdg10
    Downgraded                     2.4.2-3.rhel6.x86_64 @pgdg10

[pryzbyj@database ~]$ rpm -qa |grep -iE 'proj|geo|gis|pgdg'
postgis24_10-client-2.4.2-1.rhel6.x86_64
proj49-4.9.3-3.rhel6.x86_64
postgresql10-10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
postgresql10-devel-10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
geos-3.5.0-1.rhel6.x86_64
postgresql10-server-10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
pgdg-centos10-10-2.noarch
proj-4.8.0-2.rhel6.x86_64
postgresql10-libs-10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
geos36-3.6.2-3.1.rhel6.x86_64
postgis24_10-2.4.2-1.rhel6.x86_64
libgeotiff-1.4.0-1.rhel6.x86_64
postgresql10-contrib-10.1-5PGDG.rhel6.x86_64

Justin

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:39:49 +0000

Hi,

On Tue, 2018-01-23 at 11:34 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> InternalError: ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-
> 2.4.so": /usr/pgsql-10/lib/postgis-2.4.so: undefined symbol: geod_init

Fixed, and pushed to repo. They will sync to master repo in an hour.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR