Subject: LLVM 18.1.8 missing from pgdg-centos8-sysupdates?

From: Cameron Murdoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 12:18:44 +0100

Hi,

For some time now we have disabled the llvm-toolset dnf module and enabled
the pgdg-centos8-sysupdates repo as documented here:
https://yum.postgresql.org/news/rocky-9-8-llvm-repo-is-available/

This works great and usually makes upgrades go smoothly :-)

However, the latest postgres packages depend on llvm-libs-18.1.8 but that
package is missing from pgdg-centos8-sysupdates. Eg for pg15:

package postgresql15-llvmjit-15.10-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg15 requires
libLLVM.so.18.1(LLVM_18.1)(64bit), but none of the providers can be
installed

Is this deliberate? Everything works as expected on RHEL9.

Thanks
Cameron

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2024 23:14:24 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 2024-12-02 at 12:18 +0100, Cameron Murdoch wrote:
> 
> For some time now we have disabled the llvm-toolset dnf module and
> enabled the pgdg-centos8-sysupdates repo as documented here:
> However, the latest postgres packages depend on llvm-libs-18.1.8 but
> that package is missing from pgdg-centos8-sysupdates. Eg for pg15:
> package postgresql15-llvmjit-15.10-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg15
> requires libLLVM.so.18.1(LLVM_18.1)(64bit), but none of the providers
> can be installed
> 

It was really hard to rebuild their SRPM this time (something is broken
and it was hard to find). Just pushed these packages to the same repo.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR