Subject: Heads up: RPM GPG keys are changing on 3 Jan 2024 ( RHEL and Fedora )

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:11:57 +0000

Hi,

As a part of having new x86_64 build instances, I updated all of the RPM
signing keys to meet FIPS requirements (except RHEL7, where updated GPG
keys will appear but not meet FIPS requirement) for RHEL 9, 8 and 7 (and
their derivatives), and Fedora 39 & 38. Existing keys are weak and
throwing warnings to many users.

As a part of this process, I'll also update aarch64 and ppc64le signing
keys as well.

I will publish new repo RPMs, the new keys and RPMs re-signed with the
new keys on 3 January 2024. 

If you want to receive updates from the PostgreSQL RPM repo after 3
January 2024, you'll need to update the repository RPM and install new
keys. I'll publish detailed information and howto in
https://yum.postgresql.org and my blog before new year.

There will be no change in the SLES 15 and SLES 12 RPMS, at least for
now.

Please let me know if you have any questions / comments.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:52:39 +0000

Hi,

> new keys on 3 January 2024. 

Done. Please find all the details in here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/news/pgdg-rpm-repo-gpg-key-update/

Let me know if you see any issues.

Regards,

---

From: Yogesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 22:25:26 -0500

Hi Devrim,

One can run into an issue if they have a modified pgdg repo. Yum/dnf 
update will create new repo as .rpmnew

*warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo created as 
/etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo.rpmnew*

Adding a step to their apply changes to .rpmnew and rename it to .repo 
rename would help others.

Thanks
Yogesh

-- 
Kind Regards,
Yogesh Sharma
PostgreSQL, Linux, and Networking Expert
Open Source Enthusiast and Advocate
PostgreSQL Contributors Team @ RDS Open Source Databases
Amazon Web Services:https://aws.amazon.com

---

From: Yogesh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 22:27:39 -0500

Please ignore my email, this was already covered.

Thanks

Yogesh