Subject: Missing llvmjit packages in pgdg-11 RHEL6

From: Evan Rempel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 09:23:52 -0800

the postgresql11-llvmjit packages are missing from the RH$L repo

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/

There may be other packages and other repos, but  Ihave just come
across that oneat the moment.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 21:57:12 +0000

Hi,

> across that oneat the moment.

The LLVM/CLANG versions in RHEL 6 is not sufficient to build PostgreSQL 11 with
LLVM support. I'd suggest you to upgrade to RHEL 7, at least.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 10:51:56 +0100

Re: Devrim Gündüz 2019-01-02 <[email-masked]>
> LLVM support. I'd suggest you to upgrade to RHEL 7, at least.

Fwiw what I did for Debian is to require llvm 6.0.1. Older releases
are supported by PG on paper, but effectively at least that version is
needed or else C++ extensions like PostGIS will explode because C++
exceptions aren't handled cleanly.

(The full story is that 5.x is needed for C++ exceptions, and 7 is
needed non-x32 architectures like ppc64(el).)

Christoph