Subject: Installing and Configuring PostgreSQL Extensions via RPMs

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 11:24:56 +0300

Hi,

I’m excited to introduce a new community project: "Installing and
Configuring PostgreSQL Extensions via RPMs"!

https://yum.postgresql.org/extensions/

This document provides detailed guidance on installing and configuring
PostgreSQL extensions on RPM-based systems. It goes beyond just running
dnf install—covering essential pre-installation steps, configuration
options (including GUC settings), and best practices to ensure a smooth
setup.

A big thank you to Tom Kincaid and EDB for supporting my time on this
project! I'd also like to extend this to Magnus Hagander for giving me
design ideas and Matthias van de Meent for helping me to categorise the
extensions!

Please let me know if you find any issues.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Tomoaki Sato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 09:49:17 +0900

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this! Really appreciate the effort you and the team
put into creating such a detailed guide.

I checked the page and found it very helpful. I also noticed a few
small typos:

  pg_repack : emove bloat from tables and indexes, and optionally
  restore the physical order of clustered indexes without holding an
  exclusive lock 

emove -> Remove

  sslutils : Provides SSL certicate generation functions to Postgres 

certicate -> certificate

  pgauditlogtofile : Aaddon to pgAudit than will redirect audit log
  lines to an independent file, instead of using PostgreSQL server
  logger 

Aaddon -> Addon

  pointcloud : ostgreSQL extension for storing point cloud (LIDAR)
  data 

ostgreSQL -> PostgreSQL

Hope this helps. Thanks again for the great work!

Regards,

On Fri, 21 Feb 2025 11:24:56 +0300

> Please let me know if you find any issues.

----
Tomoaki Sato <[email-masked]>
SRA OSS K.K.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 09:38:04 +0300

Hi,

> Hope this helps. Thanks again for the great work!

Thanks, fixed all of them!

Regards,