Subject: RHEL8: barman broken by psycopg2 update?

From: Cameron Murdoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 09:19:23 +0100

Hi,

I think the latest upgrade to psycopg2 has broken barman again as barman is
built with python3.6 but psycopg2-2.9.10 is built with python 3.9.

Thanks,
Cameron

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 21:00:22 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, 2024-11-22 at 09:19 +0100, Cameron Murdoch wrote:
> I think the latest upgrade to psycopg2 has broken barman again as
> barman is built with python3.6 but psycopg2-2.9.10 is built with
> python 3.9 .

Sorry! Removed package from the repository. Please run

dnf downgrade python3-psycopg2

Regards, 

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 17:59:57 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, 2024-11-22 at 09:19 +0100, Cameron Murdoch wrote:
> python 3.9.

For the archives: Today I committed a few lines to the spec file as a
guard to prevent this from happening again.

Regards,