Subject: Broken dependency for pg_activity on EL9

From: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2026 13:55:38 +0200

Hi there,

It seems the dependency of pg_activity on "python3.12-attrs" is currently
broken:

    dnf install pg_activity
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:01:37 ago on Wed 03 Jun 2026 11:47:49 AM
    CEST. 
    Error: Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
    - nothing provides python3.12-attrs needed by
      pg_activity-3.6.2-42PGDG.rhel9.8.noarch from rhel-9-pgs-common-rpms (try
      to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to
      use not only best candidate packages)

IIUC, the package has been renamed "python-attrs" in EL9 (not tested thought):
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2058329

I supposed this could be fixed there:
https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/pgrpms.git/tree/rpm/redhat/main/common/pg_activity/main/pg_activity.spec#n53

Regards,

---

From: Julian Vanden Broeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 09:03:05 +0200

> https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/pgrpms.git/tree/rpm/redhat/main/common/pg_activity/main/pg_activity.spec#n53

Hi,

I have reported the same issue here (The issue has now been resolved):
https://github.com/pgdg-packaging/pgdg-rpms/issues/202

Thank you to Devrim for resolving the issue yesterday. I ran some tests this
morning, and everything seems to be working as expected.

-- 
Julian