Subject: SLES repos unavailable following february changes

From: HELMER Mathieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:14:35 +0000

Hi Devrim !

Following changes made on SLES repos at the end of last month, we are facing some several issues with synchronization processes.
In order not to modify releasever variable of our Yum/Zypper configurations, would it be possible to reenable previsous 15.5 version repositories links ?

Here's below, an urls status report on 3/13 :
./check_repo_pg_sles.sh
*** Common repos ***
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/common/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK

*** 11 to 16 repos ***
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/11/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/12/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/13/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/14/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/16/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK

*** Testing repos ***
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15-x86_64 | OK
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15.1-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15.2-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15.3-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15.4-x86_64 | KO
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/testing/17/suse/sles-15.5-x86_64 | OK

Ps. Can you please acknowledge receipt of this mail and inform us if those changes will can be made ?

Regards,

Mathieu HELMER
Département de Loire-Atlantique
Ingénieur bases de données
Unité Intégration et Exploitation
Direction des Solutions Numériques
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
[X]<http://www.loire-atlantique.fr/>

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:51:50 +0000

Hi,

On Wed, 2024-03-13 at 14:14 +0000, HELMER Mathieu wrote:
> Following changes made on SLES repos at the end of last month, we are
> facing some several issues with synchronization processes.
> In order not to modify releasever variable of our Yum/Zypper
> configurations, would it be possible to reenable previsous 15.5
> version repositories links ?

<snip>

We only support SLES 15.5 and SLES 12.5 as of today. I removed the rest.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR