Subject: Problem with RHEL6 RPM for barman (9.4 repo)

From: Matthew Musgrove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:49:29 -0600

The 2nd Quadrant RHEL6 repo contains an RPM for barman 2.5 that uses
python2.6.

Your barman 2.5 RPM for RHEL6 in the 9.4 repo <
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.4/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/barman-2.5-1.rhel6.noarch.rpm>
is built for python3.4 but there aren't any RPM available for the
prerequisite packages python-argh and python-argcomplete for python3.4.

BTW, I tried to create a ticket and received an HTTP error 422 when trying
to authenticate.

Thanks,
Matthew Musgrove

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 11:20:20 +0100

Hi,

> prerequisite packages python-argh and python-argcomplete for python3.4.

:-( That is definitely a spec file issue. Fixed in git. I'll release updated
packages tomorrow.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR