Subject: Issue Identifying RPMS for a specific dot version of PostgreSQL

From: "Cartwright, Nicholas RTX" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 23:22:20 +0000

Hello,

I am looking for the rpm packages to install PostgreSQL 14.10 for RHEL 8 x86_64 in an offline enviroment. However, the repo appears to have all 14.x subversions mixed together. I was wondering which RPMS are for just for deploying 14.10 and how might I go downloading all at once as opposed to downloading every rpm individually? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Respectfully,

Nick Cartwright
Systems Administrator: Engineering Applications
Office (310)607-6752
Raytheon Technologies

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:18:30 +0100

Hi,
On Mon, 2024-04-22 at 23:22 +0000, Cartwright, Nicholas    RTX wrote:
> I am looking for the rpm packages to install PostgreSQL 14.10 for RHEL
> 8 x86_64 in an offline enviroment. However, the repo appears to have
> all 14.x subversions mixed together. I was wondering which RPMS are
> for just for deploying 14.10 and how might I go downloading all at
> once as opposed to downloading every rpm individually?

They are here:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/14/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/

See the packages marked at 14.10-2 . These are the minimum set:

postgresql14-14.10-2
postgresql14-libs-14.10-2
postgresql14-server-14.10-2

Installing -contrib subpackage is also a good idea:

postgresql14-contrib-14.10-2

(Just search for exactly the same packages in the URL above). Download
them manually and move to the other instance. Please note that -contrib
subpackage may need other RPMs as dependencies (mostly perl stuff), so
you may also need to download them from another RHEL 8 instance.

-HTH

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR