Subject: Unable to install postgres from pgdg on centos 7

From: Daniel Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:33:12 +0100

Hi guys,

Centos main repositories have up to version 9.2 of Postgresql
I am trying to install any version >=9.5 from the pgdg repos
I can successfully install the pgdg rpm
However when I try to install anything I keep getting this error:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-2-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

Not sure why it's pointing to rhel-2-64 when I can clearly see on the repo
this file lives at:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml

Is this a problem on your side or is there something I can do? maybe edit
the url in the rpm?

Thanks for any help, Dan

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:12:12 +0000

Hi,

> However when I try to install anything I keep getting this error:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-2-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
> :
> Is this a problem on your side or is there something I can do? maybe edit

I'm not sure where the "-2" is coming from. It would either be 7 or 7.2. You
should edit the repo file.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR