Subject: yum.postgresql.org & PostGIS question

From: "Strauss, Randy (ARC-AF)[SGT, INC]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 03:40:41 +0000

At the top of yum.postgresql.org it says:

> PostgreSQL RPM Building Project - Yum Repository

> You will find details on PostgreSQL related RPMs for Fedora / Red Hat / CentOS / Scientific Linu / Oracle Linux / Amazon AMIx, like pgAdmin, Slony-I, PostGIS, etc.
I see NO information about PostGIS.
I clicked on release 10 and see nothing about PostGIS there.
(I also checked your https://yum.postgresql.org/files/PostgreSQL-RPM-Installation-PGDG.pdf - it was last updated in 2007...)

If someone installs 10 on CentOS 7, do they get PostGIS?
Or what version of PostGIS is compatible and how do they install it?

https://postgis.net/install/
Has instructions for installing PostgreSQL 9.5 and PostGIS 2.2 - are those the latest for CentOS 7?
We've been advised to install PostGIS 2.3.4. (and PostGres 9.5.10)

Thanks,
-r
--
Randy Strauss  (ARC-AF)[SGT, INC]
NASA Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 210-8 (Bldg. N210, Room 145, cube 36), Moffett Field, CA 94035
Office: 650-604-0431
Cell: 650-861-1537

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 09:29:00 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 03:40 +0000, Strauss, Randy (ARC-AF)[SGT, INC] wrote:
> > You will find details on PostgreSQL related RPMs for Fedora / Red Hat /
> > CentOS / Scientific Linu / Oracle Linux / Amazon AMIx, like pgAdmin, Slony-
> > I, PostGIS, etc.
> 

Please run

yum search postgis

You will see packages like this:

postgis22_95.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis22_96.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis23_10.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis23_95.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis23_96.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis24_10.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis24_95.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
postgis24_96.x86_64 : Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL

So, running

yum install postgis24_10 will give you PostGIS 2.4 compiled against PostgreSQL
10.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR