Subject: need help on postGis installation

From: Rajasekhar Basavaraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 10:59:07 -0400

I saw your article in google.. I am trying to install postgresql 16 and
postgis 34_12 on RHEL 8.9 and 9.1 versions.. I can install postgresql16
without any issues.  When I try to install PostGis it has several issues
with dependencies.
Is there any way that you have all repo files in one place?

 nstalled
  - cannot install the best candidate for the job
  - nothing provides libboost_serialization.so.1.66.0()(64bit) needed by
SFCGAL-libs-1.3.7-2.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg-common
  - nothing provides libboost_serialization.so.1.66.0()(64bit) needed by
SFCGAL-libs-1.4.1-13.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg-common
  - nothing provides libgmpxx.so.4()(64bit) needed by
SFCGAL-libs-1.4.1-13.rhel8.x86_64 from pgdg-common
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to
use not only best candidate packages)
[root@localhost braja]#

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 23:04:19 +0300

Hi,

Please follow the instructions here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/howto/

Regards, Devrim