Subject: PyGreSQL and Psycopg2

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 13:11:36 +0300

Hi,

For really historical reasons (even before I started working on the RPMs),
PyGreSQL has been our default Python adapter, and we ship it as postgresql-
python package. However, over the years, Psycopg2 is being used more and more,
and I think we should not push PyGreSQL as our default and preferred driver.

So, I'm thinking of packaging PyGreSQL as a separate package, like Tom did for
Red Hat packages about 8,5 years ago.

To provide backwards compatibility, the new PyGreSQL package will provide
postgresqlXY-python.

Any objections, comments?

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Jeff Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 10:25:56 -0800

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 2:11 AM, Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 

+1!

-- 
Sent via pgsql-pkg-yum mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-pkg-yum