Subject: Problem with packages for RHEL 6

From: Ivan Californias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:04:17 -0500

Hi there,

I want to report a problem with packages laying under the
*rhel-6.*-x86_64* directory,
the packages seem that they were built for RHEL7 not for RHEL6. I noticed
this while trying to install postgresql93-libs and postgresql93 packages in
a Centos 6.9 instance but this error came up:

Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit) is needed by
postgresql93-libs-9.3.17-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.14)(64bit) is needed by
postgresql93-9.3.17-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.15)(64bit) is needed by
postgresql93-9.3.17-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64

Then I noticed the "rhel7" part of the package name, So the error was
reasonable as in Centos6.9 at most (unless manual upgrade), it uses glibc
2.12 then I assumed these packages are for RHEL7 indeed, and not just a
typo on the package name as I initially thought. After that I checked if
there was any custom configuration pointing to a wrong repo, but there
wasn't any. I ended up checking at the postgres yum repo at
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.3/redhat/ and I did find
out that within *rhel-6.*-x86_64* directories contain packages for RHEL7.
This is true for versions 9.3,9.4,9.5,9.6, as those were the only ones I
checked.

Hope you can find the root cause of this, and hope that is something really
trivial. If I can help you in any way I'll be pleased to do so.

Best Regards
Ivan

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 03:18:27 +0300

Hi Ivan,

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 17:04 -0500, Ivan Californias wrote:
> the packages seem that they were built for RHEL7 not for RHEL6.

<snip>

:-( This happened today, while I was unifying build instances :( This affected
a
ll RHEL 6 - x86_64 installations.

Fixed master repo by restoring from the backups. They will sync to
download.postgresql.org in next 10-15 mins.

Can you please let me know if you see more issues?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Ivan Californias <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 13:08:46 -0500

Hi Devrim,

Now everything looks fine for me. Thank you very much.

Keep up the good work!

Regards