Subject: Getting 403 Forbidden when attempting to download RPMs

From: Jason Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:02:23 -0500

Hello,

Just wanting to know if this is being looked into, or if I've somehow
worked myself onto a blacklist?  I'm getting this from multiple end points,
though.

-Jason Nelson
Indeed.com

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:14:23 +0300

Hi,

> worked myself onto a blacklist?  I'm getting this from multiple end points,

We disabled direct download from yum.postgresql.org, as we asked all users to
use download.postgresql.org since last year. Details are here:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/92-Lots-of-changes-at-yum.PostgreSQL.org.html

The repo files that we pushed last year already has up2date repo links. Please
let me know if you need more info.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Jason Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:16:46 -0500

Ah, thanks for the response, I'll go yell at the guy who set this up a few
weeks ago for using the wrong URL.

-Jason Nelson
Indeed.com

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:30:47 +0300

Hi,

> weeks ago for using the wrong URL.

Before yelling, let me clarify: It is not "wrong", it is just "old". We already
removed old repo RPMs, too, so if / when people update their repo RPMS
 (yum/dnf update pgdg*) , then they will get the up2date link.

Regards,

---

From: Jason Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:34:22 -0500

Ah, we're mirroring via reposync (so we don't have a couple thousand
systems query you a couple times a day), rather about a dozen systems once
a day.  We set up the URLs we mirror from via puppet, so we're not always
abreast of changes.  However, the guy who set this up about 6 weeks ago,
should've ensured he wasn't on a deprecated URL, but easy mistake to make I
suppose, since if you go to yum.postgresql.org, and Go through available
packages, it still points at the old URL.

-Jason Nelson
Indeed.com

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:56:23 +0300

Hi,

On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 10:34 -0500, Jason Nelson wrote:
> systems query you a couple times a day),

Thank you :-)

>  rather about a dozen systems once a day.  We set up the URLs we mirror from
> via puppet, so we're not always abreast of changes.  However, the guy who set
> this up about 6 weeks ago, should've ensured he wasn't on a deprecated URL,
> but easy mistake to make I suppose, since if you go to yum.postgresql.org,
> and Go through available packages, it still points at the old URL.

Actually I was assuming that people would first install repo RPMS, and then not
download the RPMs directly. The page you mentioned is just repoview.

Still, sysadmin team just made a change to redirect all of those requests to
the new location, so you should not get any more errors.

Regards,