Subject: python-psycopg2 removed from repo?

From: VM Farms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 15:54:39 -0400

We have recently been experiencing problems while trying to install barman,
because of a failed dependency - python-psycopg2 (> 2.4.x).

It appears that some time recently (mid to end of April), the
python-psycopg2 packages were removed from the official  EL6
(CentOS/RHEL/SL) repositories for versions 9.3 to 9.6, even though the
source rpms are still in srpms.

Is there an announcement about the removal or any information about why
they were removed?

We have looked through release notes and mailing lists, but we have not
been able to find anything about the removal of these packages.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 15:06:24 +0300

Hi,

> Is there an announcement about the removal or any information about why

*sigh* I think this is purely an accident while working on pgAdmin4 RPMs.
Rebuilt them, and put them back to the repo.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR