Subject: postgresql94-setup problems on centos7

From: H Visage <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:10:42 +0200

Hi there,

 I'd like to add a couple of different database clusters, and want them
named different as systemd services. So I created the Bulk.service &
Web.service files in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants which
includes back the /lib/systemd/system/postgresql-9.4.service

The problem is this fails when I want to do a
"/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/postgresql94-setup initdb Bulk"

tracing the problem, it fails with:

+ '[' -f /etc/systemd/system/Bulk.service ']'
+ '[' -f /lib/systemd/system/Bulk.service ']'
+ echo 'Could not find systemd unit file Bulk.service'
Could not find systemd unit file Bulk.service

the test *should* be:
  -f /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/${SERVICE}.service

(Especially as it's default service file gets installed/linked from
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postgresql-9.4.service )

-- 
---
Hendrik Visage
Envisage Systems / Envisage Cloud Solutions
084-612-5345 or 083-675-5506
[email-masked]

---

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:28:44 +0300

Hi,

I think our version is true.

See the first few lines of the service file, please:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redha
t/9.4/postgresql/EL-7/postgresql-9.4.service;hb=HEAD

To create a new service, just create your file under
/etc/systemd/system/web.service . 

systemctl enable web.service

will create the *symlinks* under multi-user.target.wants directory.

I hope that is clear.

Regards, Devrim

-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

-- 
Sent via pgsql-pkg-yum mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-pkg-yum

---

From: H Visage <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:33:04 +0200

Hi Devrim,

Thank you, was just confusing that the file I had to remove wasn't in
/etc/systemd/system but in the .../multi-user.target directory

eventually got it going