Subject: RHEL 10 Beta packages for arm64

From: Philipp Trulson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 10:59:12 +0000

Hey everyone,

first of all thank you very much for your great work! You make life so much
easier for sysadmins around the world, so please keep going.

I have a small request though: You are providing packages for the RHEL 10
beta which is great since we are already evaluating our systems with it.
However we have a lot of arm64 machines (Apple Silicon devices with Linux
VMs, AWS Graviton hosts) which are missing packages atm. Are you waiting
with that until RHEL 10 is out or could you also provide arm64 packages
before the release?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp
-- 

Philipp Trulson

Platform Engineer
mail: [email-masked] · web: www.rebuy.de

-- 

rebuy recommerce GmbH* · *Erkelenzdamm 11-13* · *10999 Berlin* · 
*Geschäftsführer: Marcel Erian, Dr. Philipp Gattner, Thomas Loock
Sitz und 
Registergericht: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 109344 B, 
*USt-ID-Nr.:* DE237458635

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 23:24:10 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, 2025-03-04 at 10:59 +0000, Philipp Trulson wrote:
> I have a small request though: You are providing packages for the RHEL
> 10 beta which is great since we are already evaluating our systems wit
> it. However we have a lot of arm64 machines (Apple Silicon devices
> with Linux VMs, AWS Graviton hosts) which are missing packages atm.
> Are you waiting with that until RHEL 10 is out or could you also
> provide arm64 packages before the release?

TBH I was waiting for RHEL 10 GA. However per some internal discussion
we think it is doable now. We need to sort out a few issues with the
infra team first, then I can start building the packages. Will let you
know.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 17:13:52 +0300

Hi,

We added full support for this platform today. Please download repo RPMs
from here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages/

Let me know if you see any issues.

I'd like to thank Magnus Hagander for his extraordinary effort during
this process.

Regards, Devrim

On Tue, 2025-03-04 at 10:59 +0000, Philipp Trulson wrote:
> 10

---

From: Philipp Trulson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 18:06:14 +0000

Hi Devrim,

I'm sorry for only answering now as I was sick, but thank you and the team
very much for the work! It works flawlessly for us and we are very happy
that we can start testing now.

Best,
Philipp

Am Mo., 17. März 2025 um 14:13 Uhr schrieb Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]
>:

-- 

Philipp Trulson

Platform Engineer

--