Subject: PgBouncer RPMs Seem to be Missing

From: Shaun Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 16:01:55 -0500

Hi,

We noticed PgBouncer builds for CentOS 6, 7, and 8 all appear to have gone MIA.

Heads up.

Regards,

-- 
Shaun M Thomas - 2ndQuadrant
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support
[email-masked] | www.2ndQuadrant.com

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 09:54:53 +0100

Hi Shaun,

> We noticed PgBouncer builds for CentOS 6, 7, and 8 all appear to have

https://yum.postgresql.org/news/new-repo-rpms-released/

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Shaun Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:05:29 -0500

> https://yum.postgresql.org/news/new-repo-rpms-released/

Yeah, I knew about that. I missed the detail that the PgBouncer RPMs
themselves were in the -common section, which is why I didn't see them
when I looked.

Oddly enough the whole reason this got prompted is because EPEL posted
pgbouncer-1.14.0-2 while PGDG only had a pgbouncer-1.14.0-1 package.
And the EPEL version is broken because it still depends on
python-psycopg2 (rather than python3-psycopg2, or python2-psycopg2).

I guess the real lesson here is to not use EPEL, or if you do,
blacklist any packages you might want from PGDG.

I wasn't subscribed to this ML, so I had to wait for someone to reply
before I could correct myself. ;)

Thanks Devrim!

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:13:03 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2020-08-13 at 08:05 -0500, Shaun Thomas wrote:

> Oddly enough the whole reason this got prompted is because EPEL
> posted pgbouncer-1.14.0-2 while PGDG only had a pgbouncer-1.14.0-1
> package.
> 
> And the EPEL version is broken because it still depends on python-
> psycopg2 (rather than python3-psycopg2, or python2-psycopg2).

No worries, I pushed 1.14.0-3 today, for proper systemd support. :)

Next time, I'll bump it to -42, to avoid such conflicts.

Regards,