Subject: Looking for an older PG 10.0 rpm for Centos 7.X 64bit

From: Kathy Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 11:24:53 -0700

Hello --

I need to find an rpm for Postgresql server 10.0, not 10.5.  I need it for
Atlassian tools whose developers say they have not tested with 10.5 yet and
therefore it is not supported.  I looked all over your site and cannot find
earlier releases of 10.X.  Would you be able to point me to a 10.0.X
version of PG server?  This is for Centos 7.X 64 bit.  I would prefer not
to install from source if possible.

Thanks!

Kathy Taylor

********
Kathy Kost Taylor
UNIX/LINUX Systems Administrator
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corp. IT
@FUJIFILM SonoSite - Bothell, WA
425-951-1345
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

-- 
NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of 
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or 
privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from 
dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable 
export regulations.  If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, 
dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is 
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact 
the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including 
all attachments, and any copies thereof.

---

From: Stephen Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 14:47:31 -0400

Greetings,

With version 10, PostgreSQL changed to a two-digit numbering system,
therefore, there is no "10.0.x", and version 10.5 is a bug-fix only
release addressing issues in major version 10.  Unlike in prior versions
of PostgreSQL, 10.5 is a *minor* version update, not a major version
change.

I'd encourage you to review the release notes between 10.0 and 10.5, we
fixed quite a few bugs, including some security-related issues, and to
go back to your vendor and make sure they understand this change in
versioning policy of the PostgreSQL project.

Thanks!

Stephen

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:47:50 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 11:24 -0700, Kathy Taylor wrote:
> I need to find an rpm for Postgresql server 10.0, not 10.5. 

We only store last 2 minor releases of the package, so we only have 10.5 and
10.4. 

Also, +1 to what Stephen wrote.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Kathy Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 07:07:40 -0700

Thank you, Devrim.  After talking to Stephen for awhile yesterday I decided
to install PG 9.6.X for my tool, since the vendor supports that and I have
it running elsewhere.  I sent them information about the new versioning
policy for Postgresql so they should be having their developers revise
their tools to not alarm about minor releases on PG 10.  That could take
awhile and I can't wait for that, so hence will use 9.6.X in the meantime.

Kathy

********
Kathy Kost Taylor