Subject: postgresql 9.6 on Fedora 25

From: Kieran McCusker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:28:48 +0100

Hi

I know that fedora 25 is still in beta but I was wondering if there were
any plans for a fedora 25 repo? I am looking to build a new server and
would like to start with fc25 and pg 9.6

Many thanks

Kieran

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:00:03 +0300

Hi,

> would like to start with fc25 and pg 9.6

We usually branch the repo when the stable version is released, or 1 day before
it is officially announced -- but given that Fedora 25 is not too far away, and
I am already working on new PostgreSQL RPMS, just started a build for 9.6.1 on
testing repository. Please wait until Thursday, and I will release Fedora 25
packages along with PostgreSQL releases.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Kieran McCusker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:01:15 +0000

Brilliant thanks

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 10:08:32 +0300

Hi,

> would like to start with fc25 and pg 9.6

Pushed Fedora 25 + PostgreSQL 9.6 packages yesterday, with almost full set of
packages. Please note that I pushed them to testing repository, so after
installing the repo rpm from here: https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php 
, please edit repo config file, and enable testing repo.

Once Fedora 25 will be stable, I will push 9.4 and 9.5 packages, too.

Regards,