Subject: amcheck packages in pgdg yum repo

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 09:19:00 -0700

I would like to make amcheck available in the pgdg yum repo, in order
to target earlier PostgreSQL versions. It's available as a contrib
extension for v10 already, but there is no reason why it cannot be
used on earlier versions. The Github version has the ability to build
deb packages already, and is now on the pgdg apt repo:

https://github.com/petergeoghegan/amcheck

I'll need to figure out how to also build yum packages. It's the
simplest possible case of building a PGXS C extension with no
dependencies. Can someone point me in the direction of documentation,
or another module whose package build process I can generalize from?

I'll also want to make available the enhancement that is proposed for
Postgres 11, from the current commitfest [1] [2]. So, the goal will be to
target Postgres 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, and 10 - v10 will not have an enhanced
version, which I believe adds significantly more value.

Is there an acceptance process? How can I get the ball rolling on that?

Thanks

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1263/
[2] https://github.com/petergeoghegan/amcheck/tree/heap-check
-- 
Peter Geoghegan

-- 
Sent via pgsql-pkg-yum mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-pkg-yum

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 19:24:21 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 09:19 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> to target earlier PostgreSQL versions. 

<snip>

> Is there an acceptance process? How can I get the ball rolling on that?

Done :-) (From now on, please create a ticket here : https://redmine.postgresql
.org/projects/pgrpms/issues/new for updates, bugs, etc).

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=f4c61e2cac7676c9746be8278c8550a74132091d

Packages will sync to master repo in an hour.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Peter Geoghegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:31:31 -0700

Hi Devrim,

> .org/projects/pgrpms/issues/new for updates, bugs, etc).

Got it -- will do it that way next time.

> Packages will sync to master repo in an hour.

That was quick!

Thanks!
-- 
Peter Geoghegan

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:08:52 +0100

Hi,

> > Packages will sync to master repo in an hour.

BTW, the package names are:

amcheck10
amcheck96
amcheck95
amcheck94

Regards,