Subject: Missed python3-psycopg2* packages for ppc64le

From: Chuan Hua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:39:46 +0800

Hi There,

I can see python3-psycopg2* packages in
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/,
but I could not see corresponding packages in
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/redhat/rhel-8-ppc64le/.

Could you please help to build python3-psycopg2* packages for ppc64le?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 12:12:34 +0000

Hi,

> Could you please help to build python3-psycopg2* packages for ppc64le?

Actually x86_64 packages are extremely old, as newer releases do not
build with the default Python 3.6 on RHEL 8.

I pushed fixes to the git repo for RHEL 8:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=62b230306b2eded0b6595340a4b7fa6595055300
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commit;h=59d4bab9e93cc83158cae7d3d3df643b35ea859c

I'll push the packages tomorrow latest.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Chuan Hua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:12:30 +0800

Hi Devrim,

Are below packages from
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/common/redhat/rhel-8-ppc64le/
newly
built for ppc64le?
python3-psycopg3-3.1.10-1PGDG.rhel8.noarch.rpm
python3-psycopg3-3.1.12-1PGDG.rhel8.noarch.rpm
python3-psycopg3-3.1.7-1.rhel8.noarch.rpm
python3-psycopg3-3.1.9-2.rhel8.noarch.rpm

Thank you.

Best Regards.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:20:23 +0000

Hi,

> python3-psycopg3-3.1.9-2.rhel8.noarch.rpm

No, they are the old ones. New ones are syncing to the repo now:
psycopg2 2.9.9 and psycopg3 3.1.17 .

Regards,