Subject: pgbouncer and pgbackrest rpm on ppc64le

From: Chuan Hua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2024 15:01:52 +0800

Hi There,

It seems there are some rpm missed for pgbouncer and pgbackrest on ppc64le.
Could you please build these packages?

Below are rpm packages that are present for x86_64, but not for ppc64le

pgbouncer-1.23.0-42PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm           06-Jul-2024 13:04
      275456

pgbouncer-1.23.1-42PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm           02-Aug-2024 13:15
      275708

pgbackrest-2.51-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm             26-Mar-2024 22:51
      461120

pgbackrest-2.52-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm             27-May-2024 21:00
      468220

pgbackrest-2.52.1-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm           25-Jun-2024 10:30
      468204

pgbackrest-2.53-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm             22-Jul-2024 16:51
      470164

pgbackrest-2.53.1-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm           19-Aug-2024 07:27
      470388

pgbackrest-2.54.0-1PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm           21-Oct-2024 10:05
      476548

Thank you.

Best Regards.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2024 12:00:48 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, 2024-11-26 at 15:01 +0800, Chuan Hua Zhao wrote:
> It seems there are some rpm missed for pgbouncer and pgbackrest on
> ppc64le. Could you please build these packages?

We had a hardware crash which caused data loss in our RHEL 8 - ppc64
instance months ago. Replaced it with a new one, but I'm not extremely
excited to support this combination as apparently we have 2 users only.

So not only these packages are missing, also PostgreSQL is not updated
on this platform recently, oh and no other packages received updates for
at least a few months.

Still it is my todo list for this month as it is the quiet month of the
year.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 16:10:56 +0300

Hi,

> ppc64le. Could you please build these packages?

This is now done along with many other missing pieces.

Regards,

---

From: Chuan Hua Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 09:12:11 +0800

Thank you. I noticed that the latest versions of pgbouncer and pgbackrest
are available. Are there any plans to include other versions as well?

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 08:48:18 +0300

Hi,

On Thu, 2024-12-19 at 09:12 +0800, Chuan Hua Zhao wrote:
> Thank you. I noticed that the latest versions of pgbouncer and
> pgbackrest are available. Are there any plans to include other
> versions as well?

No. We don't (re)build older versions with newer timestamps.

Regards,