Subject: Problem yum install postgis24_10

From: Glauco Torres <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 10:02:45 -0200

Operating system:   RHEL 7.4
    Description:

    There are several people on the PostgreSQL list complaining about this
same problem,

    We couldn't do a 'yum install'

    [root@teste-pg]# yum install postgis24_10

    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

base

                                                          | 3.6 kB
00:00:00

epel

                                                          | 4.7 kB
00:00:00

extras

                                                          | 3.4 kB
00:00:00

sabis

                                                          | 2.9 kB
00:00:00

sabis-noarch

                                                          | 2.9 kB
00:00:00

newrelic

                                                          | 2.5 kB
00:00:00

pgdg10

                                                          | 4.1 kB
00:00:00

pgdg95

                                                          | 4.1 kB
00:00:00

treasuredata

                                                          | 2.9 kB
00:00:00

updates

                                                          | 3.4 kB
00:00:00

zabbix

                                                          | 2.9 kB
00:00:00

    (1/16):
base/group_gz

                                                          | 156 kB
00:00:00

    (2/16):
base/primary_db

                                                          | 5.7 MB
00:00:00

    (3/16):
epel/group_gz

                                                          | 266 kB
00:00:01

    (4/16):
extras/primary_db

                                                          | 145 kB
00:00:00

    (5/16):
sabis/primary_db

                                                          |  29 kB
00:00:00

    (6/16):
sabis-noarch/primary_db

                                                          | 2.5 kB
00:00:00

    (7/16):
newrelic/x86_64/primary_db

                                                          |  51 kB
00:00:00

    (8/16):
pgdg10/7/x86_64/group_gz

                                                          |  245 B
00:00:00

    (9/16):
pgdg10/7/x86_64/primary_db

                                                          | 146 kB
00:00:00

    (10/16):
treasuredata/7/x86_64/primary_db

                                                          |  44 kB
00:00:00

    (11/16):
updates/primary_db

                                                          | 5.3 MB
00:00:00

    (12/16):
epel/updateinfo

                                                          | 877 kB
00:00:01

    (13/16):
pgdg95/7/x86_64/group_gz

                                                          |  249 B
00:00:00

    (14/16):
pgdg95/7/x86_64/primary_db

                                                          | 185 kB
00:00:00

    (15/16):
zabbix/x86_64/primary_db

                                                          | 105 kB
00:00:01

    (16/16):
epel/primary_db

                                                          | 6.2 MB
00:00:09

    Determining fastest mirrors
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package postgis24_10.x86_64 0:2.4.3-1.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: geos36 >= 3.6.2 for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: gdal-libs >= 1.9.0 for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: proj49 for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: hdf5 for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: SFCGAL for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libproj.so.12()(64bit) for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgeos_c.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgdal.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libSFCGAL.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    postgis24_10-2.4.3-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package SFCGAL.x86_64 0:1.2.2-1.rhel7 will be installed
    ---> Package SFCGAL-libs.x86_64 0:1.2.2-1.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libboost_thread-mt.so.1.53.0()(64bit) for
    package: SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libboost_system-mt.so.1.53.0()(64bit) for
    package: SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libboost_serialization-mt.so.1.53.0()(64bit)
for
    package: SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libboost_date_time-mt.so.1.53.0()(64bit) for
    package: SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libCGAL_Core.so.11()(64bit) for package:
    SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libCGAL.so.11()(64bit) for package:
    SFCGAL-libs-1.2.2-1.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package gdal-libs.x86_64 0:1.11.4-11.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libxerces-c-3.1.so()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libpoppler.so.46()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libopenjp2.so.7()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libogdi.so.3()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libodbcinst.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libodbc.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libnetcdf.so.7()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libjasper.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgta.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgif.so.4()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgeotiff.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libfreexl.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libdapserver.so.7()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libdapclient.so.6()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libdap.so.17()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libcfitsio.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libarmadillo.so.4()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libCharLS.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package geos36.x86_64 0:3.6.2-3.1.rhel7 will be installed
    ---> Package gtk2.x86_64 0:2.24.31-1.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: pango >= 1.20.0-1 for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXrandr >= 1.2.99.4-2 for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: atk >= 1.29.4-2 for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: hicolor-icon-theme for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: gtk-update-icon-cache for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libpangoft2-1.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libpango-1.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libcairo.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libatk-1.0.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXrender.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXrandr.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXinerama.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXi.so.6()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXfixes.so.3()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXext.so.6()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXdamage.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXcursor.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXcomposite.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    gtk2-2.24.31-1.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package hdf5.x86_64 0:1.8.12-10.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libgfortran.so.3(GFORTRAN_1.0)(64bit) for
    package: hdf5-1.8.12-10.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgfortran.so.3()(64bit) for package:
    hdf5-1.8.12-10.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libquadmath.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    hdf5-1.8.12-10.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libsz.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    hdf5-1.8.12-10.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package proj49.x86_64 0:4.9.3-3.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package CGAL.x86_64 0:4.7-1.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libSM.so.6()(64bit) for package:
    CGAL-4.7-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libICE.so.6()(64bit) for package:
    CGAL-4.7-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libGLU.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    CGAL-4.7-1.rhel7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libGL.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    CGAL-4.7-1.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package CharLS.x86_64 0:1.0-5.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package atk.x86_64 0:2.22.0-3.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package boost-date-time.x86_64 0:1.53.0-27.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package boost-serialization.x86_64 0:1.53.0-27.el7 will be
installed
    ---> Package boost-system.x86_64 0:1.53.0-27.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package boost-thread.x86_64 0:1.53.0-27.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package cairo.x86_64 0:1.14.8-2.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libpixman-1.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    cairo-1.14.8-2.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libEGL.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    cairo-1.14.8-2.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package cfitsio.x86_64 0:3.370-10.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package freexl.x86_64 0:1.0.4-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package gdal-libs.x86_64 0:1.11.4-11.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libarmadillo.so.4()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package gdk-pixbuf2.x86_64 0:2.36.5-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package giflib.x86_64 0:4.1.6-9.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package gtk-update-icon-cache.x86_64 0:3.22.10-4.el7 will be
    installed
    ---> Package hicolor-icon-theme.noarch 0:0.12-7.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package jasper-libs.x86_64 0:1.900.1-31.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXcomposite.x86_64 0:0.4.4-4.1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXcursor.x86_64 0:1.1.14-8.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXdamage.x86_64 0:1.1.4-4.1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXext.x86_64 0:1.3.3-3.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXfixes.x86_64 0:5.0.3-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXi.x86_64 0:1.7.9-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXinerama.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2.1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXrandr.x86_64 0:1.5.1-2.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXrender.x86_64 0:0.9.10-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libaec.x86_64 0:1.0.2-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libdap.x86_64 0:3.13.1-2.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libgeotiff.x86_64 0:1.4.0-1.rhel7 will be installed
    ---> Package libgfortran.x86_64 0:4.8.5-16.el7_4.1 will be installed
    ---> Package libgta.x86_64 0:1.0.4-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libquadmath.x86_64 0:4.8.5-16.el7_4.1 will be installed
    ---> Package netcdf.x86_64 0:4.3.3.1-5.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package ogdi.x86_64 0:3.2.0-4.rhel7 will be installed
    ---> Package openjpeg2.x86_64 0:2.1.0-7.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package pango.x86_64 0:1.40.4-1.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libthai(x86-64) >= 0.1.9 for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXft(x86-64) >= 2.0.0 for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: harfbuzz(x86-64) >= 1.0.3 for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libthai.so.0(LIBTHAI_0.1)(64bit) for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libthai.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libharfbuzz.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXft.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    pango-1.40.4-1.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package poppler.x86_64 0:0.26.5-17.el7_4 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: poppler-data >= 0.4.0 for package:
    poppler-0.26.5-17.el7_4.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libopenjpeg.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    poppler-0.26.5-17.el7_4.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: liblcms2.so.2()(64bit) for package:
    poppler-0.26.5-17.el7_4.x86_64
    ---> Package unixODBC.x86_64 0:2.3.1-11.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libltdl.so.7()(64bit) for package:
    unixODBC-2.3.1-11.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package xerces-c.x86_64 0:3.1.1-8.el7_2 will be installed
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package gdal-libs.x86_64 0:1.11.4-11.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libarmadillo.so.4()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package harfbuzz.x86_64 0:1.3.2-1.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libgraphite2.so.3()(64bit) for package:
    harfbuzz-1.3.2-1.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package lcms2.x86_64 0:2.6-3.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libICE.x86_64 0:1.0.9-9.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libSM.x86_64 0:1.2.2-2.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libXft.x86_64 0:2.3.2-2.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libthai.x86_64 0:0.1.14-9.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libtool-ltdl.x86_64 0:2.4.2-22.el7_3 will be installed
    ---> Package mesa-libEGL.x86_64 0:17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 will be
installed
    --> Processing Dependency: mesa-libgbm = 17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 for
package:
    mesa-libEGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libxshmfence.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    mesa-libEGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libgbm.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    mesa-libEGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package mesa-libGL.x86_64 0:17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: mesa-libglapi = 17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 for
    package: mesa-libGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libglapi.so.0()(64bit) for package:
    mesa-libGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libXxf86vm.so.1()(64bit) for package:
    mesa-libGL-17.0.1-6.20170307.el7.x86_64
    ---> Package mesa-libGLU.x86_64 0:9.0.0-4.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package openjpeg-libs.x86_64 0:1.5.1-17.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package pixman.x86_64 0:0.34.0-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package poppler-data.noarch 0:0.4.6-3.el7 will be installed
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package gdal-libs.x86_64 0:1.11.4-11.rhel7 will be installed
    --> Processing Dependency: libarmadillo.so.4()(64bit) for package:
    gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64
    ---> Package graphite2.x86_64 0:1.3.10-1.el7_3 will be installed
    ---> Package libXxf86vm.x86_64 0:1.1.4-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package libxshmfence.x86_64 0:1.2-1.el7 will be installed
    ---> Package mesa-libgbm.x86_64 0:17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 will be
installed
    ---> Package mesa-libglapi.x86_64 0:17.0.1-6.20170307.el7 will be
    installed
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: gdal-libs-1.11.4-11.rhel7.x86_64 (pgdg10)
               Requires: libarmadillo.so.4()(64bit)
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
     You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Trying to install libarmadillo, the available version of EPEL is 8 and what
postgis needs is 4? Does it really make sense to have a dependency on
something from postgis in EPEL, correct would not the dependencies be
directly in the PGDG repository ...?

Or does not it make sense?

Regards,

Glauco Torres

-------------
Glauco Torres

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:01:05 +0000

Hi,

> Or does not it make sense?

It makes sense, actually. This update breaks some of the EPEL policies, but
still...

Anyway, just rebuilt gdal (1.11.4-12) with the new armadillo. Pushed to v10
repos, they will sync shortly. Working on other repos now.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Glauco Torres <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:28:38 -0200

Hi,

Now works, thanks a lot.

-------------
Glauco Torres