Subject: Postgres yum links currently have 404 errors

From: David Micallef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:28:49 +1000

Hi

Currently trying to update to 9.5.2 from 9.4.5 on a test web server with
amazon linux and unfortunately the rpm links seem to have 404.

    sudo rpm -Uvh
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.5/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch

Error
>>Retrieving
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.5/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: skipping
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.5/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch
- transfer failed

I was following instructions from this link](
http://tecadmin.net/install-postgresql-9-5-on-centos/)

Cheers

Dave

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 23:34:58 +0300

Hi David,

Blog post has a .rpm suffix at the end of the file. Please use the exact URL there. That is why you get 404.

Regards, Devrim

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

---

From: David Micallef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 06:47:09 +1000

Half asleep this morning. I did get past that last night and tried

     sudo yum install postgresql95-server postgresql95

Loaded plugins: priorities, update-motd, upgrade-helper
amzn-main/latest                                         | 2.1 kB     00:00
amzn-updates/latest                                      | 2.3 kB     00:00
pgdg93/latest/x86_64                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-latest-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not
Found"
Trying other mirror.

 One of the configured repositories failed (PostgreSQL 9.5 latest - x86_64),
 and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
 safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will
then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or
use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable pgdg95

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be
much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a
nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save
--setopt=pgdg95.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg95: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

David
+61 3 9036 2788

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 15:18:38 +0300

Hi,

Oh, it seems we don't have symlink to "latest". I will add it once I will be back to laptop.

Regards, Devrim

On April 29, 2016 11:47:09 PM GMT+03:00, David Micallef <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Blog post has a .rpm suffix at the end of the file. Please use the
>exact
>> URL there. That is why you get 404.
>>
>> Regards, Devrim
>>
>>

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 13:51:21 +0300

Hi,

> Oh, it seems we don't have symlink to "latest". I will add it once I will be

Hmm, looking at my notes, I remembered why we removed it before: A user
accidentally used RHEL 7 packages instead of RHEL 6, so we removed them.

So, we are not adding it back :)

Regards,
-- 
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR