Subject: pgdg-redhat-all-rhel9 rpm update

From: Sam Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 11:33:02 +0100

To whom it may concern,

Since last week we have spotted errors when we download
the pgdg-redhat-all-rhel9 rpm this seems to have been the result of a
change to the gpg key options (please see here
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blobdiff;f=rpm/redhat/main/common/pgdg-yum/RHEL-main/pgdg-redhat-all-rhel9.repo;h=c469bdb6e798775f8693df7c99dddb6df1086e9e;hp=da869a1852fc832defeb9bcf2c87d3220314127c;hb=04bb761770ceff20dbb351f8f1a3d9a336e03073;hpb=b9c80a46ba92aad233eec4134d2f40cc8dcb8daf>).
Said issue looks to have been resolved as of Thursday last week (please see
here
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commitdiff;h=e47a6146bf7b3bcd01fa13121b9366a8b1c4c209>).
However, the latest rpm version (found here
<https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-9-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm>)
is still using the gpgkey=9 option resulting in errors in our build and
upgrade process.

We were wondering if an estimate as to when the rpm will be updated could
be provided?

Many thanks
Sam

-- 

*The information in this email is confidential and solely for the use of 
the intended recipient(s). If you receive this email in error, please 
notify the sender and delete the email from your system immediately. In 
such circumstances, you must not make any use of the email or its contents. 
Views expressed by an individual in this email do not necessarily reflect 
the views of Matillion Ltd.

*

*Matillion Ltd accepts no responsibility 
for any damage caused by malicious software transmitted by email. Email 
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and error free, it is 
possible for it to be intercepted, lost, destroyed, later, incomplete or 
with added malware. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or 
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email 
transmission

*

*Matillion Ltd, Two New Bailey, Stanley Street, Salford, 
England, M3 5GS (Main and registered office address). Company number: 
07474948.*

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2024 15:37:49 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 2024-10-01 at 11:33 +0100, Sam Jones wrote:
> <
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blobdiff;f=rpm/redhat
> /main/common/pgdg-yum/RHEL-main/pgdg-redhat-all-
> rhel9.repo;h=c469bdb6e798775f8693df7c99dddb6df1086e9e;hp=da869a1852fc8
> 32defeb9bcf2c87d3220314127c;hb=04bb761770ceff20dbb351f8f1a3d9a336e0307
> 3;hpb=b9c80a46ba92aad233eec4134d2f40cc8dcb8daf>).
> <
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commitdiff;h=e47a6146
> bf7b3bcd01fa13121b9366a8b1c4c209>).
> <
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-9-x86_64/pgdg
> -redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm>)
> We were wondering if an estimate as to when the rpm will be updated
> could be provided?

I actually updated the RPM in literally less than a minute on Thursday,
but apparently forgot to update the symlink part :-(

Pushed new RPMS (42.0-46) to the repos and fixed symlink. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR