Subject: RHEL8: barman broken by new psycopg2 package?

From: Cameron Murdoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 00:26:30 +0100

Hi,

python3-psycopg2-2.9.9-2PGDG.rhel8.x86_64.rpm is built as a python 3.9
package but python3-barman-3.9.0-1PGDG.rhel8.noarch.rpm is still on python
3.6. This broke our backup servers before I downgraded psycopg2.

I see that pyscopg2 has dropped support for python 3.6, so I don't know
what the correct fix is. Build python3-barman for python39? Build packages
for both python 3.6 and python 3.9, using the latest psycopg2 that supports
3.6?

On my rhel8 systems there seems to be a "standard" that packages that start
with "python3-" are built for python36 so at the very least the name is
confusing.

Thanks
Cameron

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 00:39:56 +0000

Hi,

> with "python3-" are built for python36 so at the very least the name

Reverted the psycopg update from RHEL 8 repositories a fe days ago.
Sorry for the inconvenienceç

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR