Subject: c6/pg13b3

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:21:18 -0500

It looks like these packages aren't available yet ?
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/13/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/

-- 
Justin

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 01:05:43 +0100

Hi Justin,

> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/13/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/

v13 won't be available on RHEL 6.  EoS.

Regards,
-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:24:42 -0500

> v13 won't be available on RHEL 6.  EoS.

I was surprised to hear that.  When I asked a couple years ago, I thought you
meant that new major versions would continue to be supported (and that I was
finally "caught up" on OS updates).

I think it'd be good to publish a schedule for minor and major releases.

This page still shows RH6 as "supported", which I would have taken to mean
"fully supported" and not "patch releases only".  It be nice if that showed
which major versions were supported, or finer-grained detail, and reasonable
advance notice to plan for EOL release.

https://yum.postgresql.org/
|Supported:
|...
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS/Oracle Enterprise Linux/Scientific Linux 6

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 01:36:16PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Also, I'm still wondering how long we can expect updates for RH6 to continue?
> It'd be good to have a plan for patchlevel updates or major releases.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:49:40AM +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:                                                                                                                                                        
> RHEL 6 support will continue at least until 2020, or probably even until 2024,                                                                                                                                      
> depending on if upstream projects can still be compiled on RHEL 6 until then.                                                                                                                                       

-- 
Justin