Subject: tuned profile for postgres

From: "Mkrtchyan, Tigran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 16:14:41 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Postgres yum/rpm team,

Many years we use postgres DB in production and mostly
rely on packages that you provide. Thanks for that!

As default OS configuration is not optimal for postgres, we
have created a tuned provide, which is applied on our DB hosts.

https://github.com/kofemann/pgtune/blob/master/tuned.conf

Obviously, we are not the only postgres customers, that wants
most of their deployments. Please consider adding tuned profile
that we made into your rpm distribution.

Dest regards,
   Tigran.

---

From: Devrim Gündüz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:47:32 +0100

Hi,

> that we made into your rpm distribution.

Unfortunately I don't add such stuff to the RPMs.

Regards,

-- 
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer
Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---

From: "Mkrtchyan, Tigran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:56:11 +0200 (CEST)

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Devrim Gündüz" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Tigran Mkrtchyan" <[email-masked]>, "pgsql-pkg-yum" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:47:32 PM
> Subject: Re: tuned profile for postgres

> Unfortunately I don't add such stuff to the RPMs.

Sure, I was more thinking in a direction of additional rpm, like postgres-tuned-xxx.rpm.
I am fine with making the spec file.

Regards,
   Tigran.