Subject: Multiple sets of results from recursive query

From: Shaozhong SHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 11:40:52 +0100

Has anyone come across multiple sets of results with recursive query?

How to handle it?

Regards,

David

---

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:43:09 -0400

What exact problem are you trying to solve? Recursive CTEs return one
row per internal invocation, so they already return a "set" of results, but
you could use arrays or json if you wanted to pack in extra information per
returned row.

---

From: Shaozhong SHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 20:21:54 +0100

On Monday, 17 July 2023, Greg Sabino Mullane <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> How to handle it？
Surely， there must be possible to find all route paths.

Regards, David

---

From: Erik Brandsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 15:31:08 -0400

A quick google provides content that may help:
https://www.sisense.com/blog/postgres-recursive-cte/

The issue is that you aren't asking a specific question with a well defined
answer.  Provide examples of your data and what you are trying to achieve
for the best results in a forum like this.

---

From: Shaozhong SHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 20:43:51 +0100

On Monday, 17 July 2023, Erik Brandsberg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A quick google provides content that may help:  https://www.sisense.
> com/blog/postgres-recursive-cte/
>
> The issue is that you aren't asking a specific question with a well
> defined answer.  Provide examples of your data and what you are trying to
> achieve for the best results in a forum like this.
>
This one falls short of explaining possible other routes in network.
 http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2010/07/network-walking-in-postgis.html

Regards, David