Subject: languages to be removed from pg15

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:43:09 +0200

I tried the script to update translations that deletes those that are
below the 80% mark, just to see what would happen.  The result is quite
depressing, as there are plenty of languages that have been neglected
for a long time.  I urge translators to dedicate some time to this
during the next 1-2 months, or to find other volunteers.

Here's a rundown.  Holes in each line starting with + indicate that the
language in the line above is to be removed.

diff --git a/src/backend/nls.mk b/src/backend/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = de es fr id it ja ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = de es fr       ja ko          ru sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/initdb/nls.mk b/src/bin/initdb/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr       ja ka ko          ru sv    uk    zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_archivecleanup/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_archivecleanup/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko pl ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko    ru sv tr uk    zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_basebackup/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_basebackup/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de es fr he it ja ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de es fr       ja                sv

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_checksums/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_checksums/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de    es fr ja ka       sv

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_config/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_config/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko nb pl pt_BR ro ru sv ta tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko    pl pt_BR    ru sv    tr uk vi zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_controldata/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_controldata/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko          ru sv tr uk    zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_ctl/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_ctl/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr    it ja ka ko          ru sv tr uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_dump/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_dump/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr       ja ko          ru sv tr uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_resetwal/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_resetwal/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr    ja ka ko          ru sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_rewind/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_rewind/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr    ja ka ru             sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_test_fsync/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_test_fsync/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko pl ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de    es fr ja ka          sv

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_test_timing/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_test_timing/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko pl ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de el es fr ja ka       ru sv    uk    zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_upgrade/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_upgrade/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de es fr ja ko ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de es fr ja ko ru sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/pg_waldump/nls.mk b/src/bin/pg_waldump/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr ja ka ko ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de    es fr ja ka       sv

diff --git a/src/bin/psql/nls.mk b/src/bin/psql/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr       ja ka ko          ru sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/bin/scripts/nls.mk b/src/bin/scripts/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr       ja ka ko          ru sv tr uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/interfaces/libpq/nls.mk b/src/interfaces/libpq/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr he it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ru sv tr uk zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr       ja ka ko          ru sv    uk zh_CN

diff --git a/src/pl/plperl/nls.mk b/src/pl/plperl/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ro ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR    ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN

diff --git a/src/pl/plpgsql/src/nls.mk b/src/pl/plpgsql/src/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ko pl pt_BR ro ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ko pl pt_BR    ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN

diff --git a/src/pl/tcl/nls.mk b/src/pl/tcl/nls.mk
-AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl pt_BR ro ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN zh_TW
+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  = cs de el es fr it ja ka ko pl          ru sv tr uk vi zh_CN

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

---

From: "Pavlo Golub" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 10:45:05 +0000

>+AVAIL_LANGUAGES  =    de es fr       ja                sv
Wow, some files are heavily changed, I would say. Thanks for noticing!

>-- Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
>
>

---

From: "Euler Taveira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 10:29:52 -0300

> during the next 1-2 months, or to find other volunteers.
I'm slowly updating the pt_BR translation. I hope to finish by the end of this
month.

--
Euler Taveira
EDB   https://www.enterprisedb.com/

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 15:35:58 +0200

On 2022-Aug-12, Euler Taveira wrote:

> I'm slowly updating the pt_BR translation. I hope to finish by the end
> of this month.

Thank you, that's great to hear.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:42:41 +0200

> I'm slowly updating the pt_BR translation. I hope to finish by the end of this

Hi.  I suggest to push an update quickly, even if it's not complete.
Tomorrow the RC1 is going to be tagged.

By the way: I just drastically reduced the translation for pg_waldump
for everybody in all branches, because I noticed we weren't considering
one file.  If you're up-to-date on pg_rewind or postgres.po (which
already contain the same file), then all you have to do is download the
pg_waldump.po file from the babel.postgresql.org website, commit it and
push.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"No hay ausente sin culpa ni presente sin disculpa" (Prov. francés)